It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Question about xanax

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
    Ashley51182
    (female)

Ashley51182 HB User
    Question about xanax

I've been using Xanax off and on for several years, just as needed for anxiety and I usually take half of my pill which comes out to .25 milligrams. Well this past week I woke up panic out of nowhere and I had to work so I tried to take 1/4 of my .5 mg tablet so I wouldn't be too groggy to work. Well that didn't touch it so my anxiety got worse, I tried another 1/4 about 45 minutes later, still no effect. I felt like at this point it was too late to take 1/2 of the tablet because I was afraid of being too groggy to work. Anyway, long story (kind of) short I ended up having to call out of work. I got home, took another half (.25mg) and then felt better. My question is should I just have take the whole tablet, .5 mg all at once to kick the panic and then be able to work even if a little groggy? Is that more effective than .25 mg, waiting to see if it works then taking another .25 mg? My panic is getting worse now that this Xanax isn't helping, and I have to go back to work tomorrow so I'm freaking out a little. Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Question about xanax

Are your pills scored, where you can cut them in half? Some are, some arent...people do build up a tolerance to Xanax, which is why it is so addictive...if you need the whole tablet, take the whole tablet, but you also know it makes you groggy- its not safe to drive a car while on Xanax and if you get into an accident it will be driving under the influence, even if its prescribed.

You need to talk to your doctor about the fact that half isnt working for you...let him/her make the decision, sounds like it might be time to put you on another anti anxiety drug. One which you wont build up a tolerance to so quickly. He can talk to you about a few others..
    Best to you...

Closed Thread