It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• tingling face

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    tingling face

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone else gets a tingling sensation in their face. I've had this off and on for awhile now. My dr. told me he thought it was anxiety related, but I haven't heard anyone else complain of this. It feels like severe pressure along with a tingling sensation and it is all over my face and goes to the back of my head. It sometimes lasts days at a time and then it will go away for a few weeks. I also usually get a dull headache along with this.

Thanks, hilery

Last edited by hilery79; 11-14-2003 at 04:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
    hrcent

hrcent HB User
    i've had that, too, with headaches. i've also had numbess and tingling in my fingers, hands and arm. I started taking a magnesium/calcium supplement and it went away within a day or two. But when it was limited to my face, I would find myself driving or sitting or walking or doing absolutely nothing and literally holding my face, as if I were keeping it afloat...it used to happen a lot. But that mostly happened when I went off my meds -- thinking I was "cured" or something. I'm borderline convinced there is no cure, only treatment, despite all the books I've read that indicate otherwise. Don't know if that helps. But I think it will pass -- it did for me.

Old 11-14-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I hate this feeling so much. I'm also having severe lightheadedness today, so that makes it even worse. I'm starting to wonder if this disorder is completly curable, too.

How many mg's of magnesium do you take a day? I've been taking a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement for a couple months, but I think there's only 150mg of magnesium in it. It has helped a lot with my chest pressure/pain.

Thanks again~

Old 11-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #4
    hrcent

hrcent HB User
    I take calcium, 530 mg per day (which is derived from 1475 mg of Coral Calcium) + 265 mg of magnesium, 820 IU Vitamin D3 and 15 mg Zinc. It's all combined in softgels called "The Original Coral Calcium Daily."
    The key, from what I understand, is taking the right amounts of each, at the right ratio, so that they are absorbed properly.
    Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2003, 02:47 AM   #5
    Axenstar

Axenstar HB User
    I don't necessarily get tingling in my head, but i have noticed that pressure feeling. It feels like all the muscles of your scalp have just contracted and your head is in a vise. As for the tingling, i get that everywhere else. Hell, just the other day i totally lost my sense of taste for about an hour.

Old 11-15-2003, 09:11 AM   #6
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Thanks for the replys.
    Thankfully, the tingling sensation is gone today, but I do still have a dull headache. That seems to be almost constant, anymore. It does feel like my head is in a vise.

Can you get "coral calcium" at regular drug stores? I know I've heard of it, but I don't think I've seen it anywhere.

thanks again~

Old 11-15-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
    hrcent

hrcent HB User
    First, let me warn zou, the kezboard on mz laptop is screwed up, so some of this maz look greek...
    if zou go online, zouäll paz waz too much. go to the coralcalcium.com website. I buz the product put out bz Dr. Robert Barefoot, go to [url]www.my-coral-calcium.com[/url]. Zouäll paz half the price at WalMart, though, about $14 for a month supplz. Good Luck. And, for anzone reading this, anz idea whatäs going on with mz kezboard___
    That solid line was supposed to be a question mark, bz the waz

Old 11-15-2003, 04:13 PM   #8
    gnrfinkployd
    (female)

gnrfinkployd HB User
    yeh i get it too, its like when ive been worrying or liike pins n needles

Old 11-16-2003, 07:40 PM   #9
    Some12
    Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
    Smile

Hilery79
    This is the first symptom that I have usually started with for years. Face sensations, usually starts with the lips then goes all over the face and head. What medications are you taking and how long have you had this? Just my opinion, but I have severe panic attacks with numerous symptoms but the only time I have had constant non-stop sypmtoms of one type specifically without stopping for days is when I have taken something that is creating the panic rush. I am speaking of things as minor as ant-acids, etc. For example: Some ant-acids stop, slow down or decrease your medications from getting into your blood stream, thus reducing your dosage and creating anxiety symptoms continously for days. Just something that happens to me that you might want to take a look at if you are taking over the counter things with your meds. Post back, I a curious what meds you are taking with what else, if any. Be well.

Sickman

Old 11-17-2003, 11:28 AM   #10
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Hilery79
    This is the first symptom that I have usually started with for years. Face sensations, usually starts with the lips then goes all over the face and head. What medications are you taking and how long have you had this? Just my opinion, but I have severe panic attacks with numerous symptoms but the only time I have had constant non-stop sypmtoms of one type specifically without stopping for days is when I have taken something that is creating the panic rush. I am speaking of things as minor as ant-acids, etc. For example: Some ant-acids stop, slow down or decrease your medications from getting into your blood stream, thus reducing your dosage and creating anxiety symptoms continously for days. Just something that happens to me that you might want to take a look at if you are taking over the counter things with your meds. Post back, I a curious what meds you are taking with what else, if any. Be well.

Sickman
    Thanks for the replys.

Sickman, I'm taking Toprol 100mg for constant tachycardia(it isn't helping) and Synthroid 150mcg(had a thyroidectomy in July).
    Today, the tingling in my face and head is back again along with severe pressure. I also get a headache everytime I stand up from sitting with intense throbbing. I've tried taking OTC pain meds, but nothing seems to help. I'm getting so tired of feeling this way. I guess I'll go back to my dr. again tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    hilery

Closed Thread