It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• AM I THE ONLY ONE>>>NAUSEA

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
    shubeedobedo

shubeedobedo HB User
    Unhappy AM I THE ONLY ONE>>>NAUSEA

I feel as if im the only one with these problems.......most of the time i just am panicky and feel nausea...sometimes it feels like my stomach is upset but most times i feel it in my throat and have the urge to barf...most times i gag but sometimes stuff comes out...ive had anxiety for three years and i hate it.... i recenty went to the doctor because i was scared of cancer or something so he did tests.i had a barium enema and it came out clean and all the other blood test came out great but i still fell scared that something is wrong with me.. i get scared all the time to do things cause i dont want to go somewhere and feel sick. i always do good for couple months dealing with nausea but when i get sick i start to get nuts again. just wanted to know if anybody else is like this............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User
    Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE>>>NAUSEA

I am exactly like this. I am nauseous a lot of the time and cannot go anywhere either. I am really scared too. Most of the time when I do manage to make myself go somewhere, I hurry so I can get back home again because I'm scared I'll get sick while I'm gone and have to try to get home by myself. It is so frustrating! I take xanax 3 times a day and it helps. I start to get better and then someone in the house gets sick or me and I get all paranoid agiain. Vicious circle. And with two little kids, someone is usually sick with something especially during the fall and winter. Bad time for me and my anxiety skyrockets. I also quite often feel like I'm on the verge of coming down with some stomach or intestinal virus because of the panicky feelings and upset digestive system. Xanax calms me down so I can function and can at least be a mom to my kids. I have been dealing with the nausea for several years and it is always worse in the fall and spring. Have you been to the doctor?

Old 11-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
    BlueEyezzMel
    (female)

BlueEyezzMel HB User

I constantly feel nauseous. I am on Paxil and that has helped some, but I was on Xanax, which helped even better, but my doctor has already taken me off of that. Regardless, I always seem to feel worse as my period is coming up a little closer, unfortunately. I thought I was the only one out there that got scared that I was coming down with something.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
    jedijohnny

jedijohnny HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvmyboys
    I am exactly like this. I am nauseous a lot of the time and cannot go anywhere either. I am really scared too. Most of the time when I do manage to make myself go somewhere, I hurry so I can get back home again because I'm scared I'll get sick while I'm gone and have to try to get home by myself. It is so frustrating! I take xanax 3 times a day and it helps. I start to get better and then someone in the house gets sick or me and I get all paranoid agiain. Vicious circle. And with two little kids, someone is usually sick with something especially during the fall and winter. Bad time for me and my anxiety skyrockets. I also quite often feel like I'm on the verge of coming down with some stomach or intestinal virus because of the panicky feelings and upset digestive system. Xanax calms me down so I can function and can at least be a mom to my kids. I have been dealing with the nausea for several years and it is always worse in the fall and spring. Have you been to the doctor?

You are not alone. I am the same way. I usually very embarrased about it. Becaue who can you tell,,that really understand..well, beside people at this forum. The good new is, and that you have to relize and TRULY believe is. the test have been done...you are fine. Its our mind that is doing that. And if you are like me. That is not a good enough answer. But its true. My biggest sypmtom of panic. or at least the one i hate the most is my nausea. when i feel it my mind races and i think negative..so it makes it worse.. than the thought come in (how can i live with this) or (life will be to long if i have to deal with it) I too avoid things that i feel i would enjoy because i am afraid that i will panic and get sick....
    But this is where we have to tell ourselve, that we are fine, these feelings will pass, like they ALWAYS do. I am in a serious relationship with a very understanding girl. She wants me to visit her parents in Va..thats like 8 hours away. I have put it off for so long, the drive, the flying, than staying up there. i just knkow i will panic and get those feelings......i have been dealing with this for as long as i can remember. and all my life people told me i would grow out of it......yea right. its apart of me, it who i am. but i have gotten beter with different distraction techniques, and mind talking. I know the few things that trigger the attacks which trigger the feelings. we have to force ourselves (small steps) to do those things and over time they become easy..sound really easy but i knkow it not. My family feels sorry for me, but they have no clue what i go through and how should they. i can even explain the feelings. so its up to us to cure ourselves, which is VERY possiable...keep reading at the forum...the more you know about the dissorder, the easier it is...you the fact that you know you are NOT the only one with these feelings, and you are not going crazy or dying of some wierd virus.......Take it one day at a time

Old 11-23-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
    enoch
    Inactive

enoch HB User

You might want to check into the symptoms of GERD and ACID REFLUX which for some go hand in hand with panic disorder.. I took zantax for a long time and was getting very sick from it - but I didn't know it until I stopped taking it completely.. At any rate I am now on a prescribed acid reflux agent - and feeling much better - if you work on the right combination of meds for depression and mostly anxiety you will find that as you get your panic under control - the sick feeling will go away - also watch what you eat - it seems with panic disorder and panic attacks a sensitivity develops involving different foods .. After years of stomach problems associated with panic disorder I did indeed finally end up with a trashed esophagus and peptic ulcers.. So intervention is a must early on - it is hard to get doctors to focus on the body once your labeled with a mental illness - (depression and panic disorder). In the mean time even thought its associated with panic - treat your stomach as a separate issue. For the longest time I was unable to digest bile - and there was to much bile being produced - so I was throwing up like every two days.
    that was just great - having a panic attack and having to take time out to throw up - with the fear that I was going to pass out and then choke on on - -- well you get the picture..
    they ran tests on me too and things would check out okay - but the condition continued until it did real damage then the doctors could see it and then finally they gave me the right meds for it.. If they would have just did some prevention instead of just relying on the tests I would have been a lot better off.. So continue to educate yourself.

Last edited by enoch; 11-23-2003 at 07:22 PM.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:34 PM   #6
    shubeedobedo

shubeedobedo HB User

thanks to you all...it is really hard for me especially now since i just got over food poisining the other week.....i just get so sick of it and its so hard for me to deal with it.......i have done the test and the doctors have reasured me that i dont have any cancer or physical problems but its hard for me to get it through to my head. im really glad i came to this site cause i feel im not the only one....i still have the hardest time though....i know im fine but once i get nauseous again or stomach gets upset...i start to think somethings wrong again. im only 22 and i cant stand it...ive been on paxil two years now and just stoped it....my doctor has switched me to another medicine which i hope will work....im going to call the phyciatrist tomorrow and i hope that helps.........
    do you guys ever wake up feeling worried and nauseous and dont know why....that makes me scared too...also im so scared to go to work sometimes and i dont know why...im sorry if im writing forever but i just want reassurance that im fine......................my girlfriend is to the point that she almost wants to take a break cause all i think about is being sick and never want to go out cause scared might feel sick......sometimes sucking on stuff helps but other times it doesnt......do you folks with nausea all the time often try to barf cause you feel like it......that is a concern for me too.....alot of times now when i get nauseous i try to throw up but end up gaging..i also get scared to eat sometimes cause i think that ill feel nauseous after and throw up which i sometimes do..........somebody please help me.....i get so scared and sad and i feel as if im going crazy.thanks

Last edited by shubeedobedo; 11-23-2003 at 08:36 PM.

Old 11-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
    jedijohnny

jedijohnny HB User

You are so not going crazy. You nee to learn some distraction technques, read, think other thoughts, pray, count, whatever makes you think of something else. i feel sickly in the morn, but during my comute i feel better. you MUST change the way you think. as long as you think something is wrong with you (physically) you will always feel like hell... next time when you feel those feelings repeat to yourself, i am ok, these physical symptoms i am having are becuase your mind is triggering them...Remember the feelings you are haveing are normal....just not at the right time..you brain is tricking your body to release chemicals in your body that release only in time of danger....but you are not in danger...you must think...whats the worst thing that can happen...you throw up...ok, that might suck,,,but if that is the worst thing that can happen you have already done it....what are you reallly afraid of...nothing...i think your afraid of the feelings.....you are like me...you mind is your worst enemy..You have learned these ways of thinking.....that means you can unlearn them and learn other....just try to think positive things next time you panic..and see if symptoms arent lessoned.....good luck

Old 11-24-2003, 07:08 AM   #8
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I do have GERD and excess bile salts. For this I take prevacid and carafate. They do help. I also have IBS so my whole digestive tract is a mess. I used to have IBS-D but now I have constipation because of the carafate. I never realized that constipation can be just as painful as diahrrea. When my body doesn't function the way I want it to and I end up missing things with my family, I get mad and then panic sets in because of the fears. I do take one day at a time and sometimes one hour at a time. Mostly I try to stay busy and keep my mind off of my physical feelings. It usually works to read a book or clean the house or scrapbook. Mostly though the xanax is what makes me feel more normal than anything because it takes away that hurried feeling and the head spinning negative thoughts running through my head. The what if's. They just amaze me at how they slip in your mind without you even knowing it.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

You are not alone! I feel sick a lot too! It sucks. I am 25 and I am on generic prozac and it seems to be helping but it has messed my sleep up. I feel sick when I am anxious and I get scared to go anywhere. It is all part of this disorder, at least we have people to relate with and talk to. I hope your new med works for you. keep us updated.
    Carly

Old 11-24-2003, 04:53 PM   #10
    shubeedobedo

shubeedobedo HB User
    Wink Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE>>>NAUSEA

yes thanks all..i also just started third day on generic prozac..makes me tired i think....... i also saw a therapist today..she taught me a way to try relieve my anxiety when it gets bad so i hope it helps....i feel a little better today but still got a worried feeling even though i got reassured that its my anxiety and cant stop thinking its something really wrong with me..thanks for all your support and im really glad i found this site...

Old 11-24-2003, 05:34 PM   #11
    jedijohnny

jedijohnny HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shubeedobedo
    yes thanks all..i also just started third day on generic prozac..makes me tired i think....... i also saw a therapist today..she taught me a way to try relieve my anxiety when it gets bad so i hope it helps....i feel a little better today but still got a worried feeling even though i got reassured that its my anxiety and cant stop thinking its something really wrong with me..thanks for all your support and im really glad i found this site...

Just keep thinking positive thoughts. and keep comming to the site. you will learn that you are not alone, and your not crazy. your have anxiety issues which you will work out in time...try to dwell on a life without panic and anxiety, all of the things you will get to do and see...it is in the near future..YOU must believe this for it to come true...good luck. keep us posted

Old 11-25-2003, 12:38 AM   #12
    shubeedobedo

shubeedobedo HB User
    Unhappy Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE>>>NAUSEA

i feel a little better tonight but still got it in my head that im not ok and the only one feeling like this...i cant stand it...im so worried im never going to get better...also i havent been to work in a week due to my anxiety and i still worried to go back but dont know why...i hate feeling like thisit makes it worse when people at work asks me if im okay or if im sick cause then i start to feel like something is wrong with me again................................... ........thanks jedijonny for all your help...my name is jon too..

Old 11-25-2003, 04:47 AM   #13
    jedijohnny

jedijohnny HB User

Quote:
    i feel a little better tonight but still got it in my head that im not ok and the only one feeling like this...i cant stand it...im so worried im never going to get better...also i havent been to work in a week due to my anxiety and i still worried to go back but dont know why...i hate feeling like thisit makes it worse when people at work asks me if im okay or if im sick cause then i start to feel like something is wrong with me again................................... ........thanks jedijonny for all your help...my name is jon too..

I know the felling. The thing that we are going through comes in waves. Right now its been bad for you...But i assure you that it will calm down. Plus, since you havnt been to work, you are wondering what peop;e are saying etc. which is causing you more to think about, which is adding to your anxiety and it snowballs from there. but soon you will look back on these past weeks and say to yourself, wow i was in bad shape. they will pass. dont worry trust me they will...but you must believe that too. in know its hard to do, but its true and you will find even by thinking it the anxiety wont be as bad. There is a cure for this, you just cant want it overnight.....woundnt that be great!!!!!. SMALL steps.....Plust us johns have to stick together...i am about to go to work; i will check back when i get home...hang in there john......

Old 11-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #14
    shubeedobedo

shubeedobedo HB User

i woke up this morning feeling okay but then i started to think about work and then i started to get all anxious again....i talked to my boss and she said take my time and get better......im just fed up with this....i know i was worried to go to work today cause i didnt have a car in case i felt real sick and thinking about others taking to me and confronting some peopleand i think that just made everything bad and made me want to stay home and sleep...i am going to sleep right now and i hope im relaxed when i wake up...i feel great when i come on here sometimes cause it reasures me that its my anxiety but im still having the hardest time.....i still feel that im so bad and feel like im the only one that is this bad..........i just need to control myself.....i been trying the touch therapy the therapist gave me but it hasent been working so more so i get anxious...........sorry john for always bugging you but im glad that you have been responding to my posts...i hope this wave of anxiety goes away cause this is the worst one yet...i dont know if its cause the weather or just cause but i want it to stop.......thanks and will check back later.

Old 11-25-2003, 01:35 PM   #15
    jedijohnny

jedijohnny HB User

Quote:
    i woke up this morning feeling okay but then i started to think about work and then i started to get all anxious again....i talked to my boss and she said take my time and get better......im just fed up with this....i know i was worried to go to work today cause i didnt have a car in case i felt real sick and thinking about others taking to me and confronting some peopleand i think that just made everything bad and made me want to stay home and sleep...i am going to sleep right now and i hope im relaxed when i wake up...i feel great when i come on here sometimes cause it reasures me that its my anxiety but im still having the hardest time.....i still feel that im so bad and feel like im the only one that is this bad..........i just need to control myself.....i been trying the touch therapy the therapist gave me but it hasent been working so more so i get anxious...........sorry john for always bugging you but im glad that you have been responding to my posts...i hope this wave of anxiety goes away cause this is the worst one yet...i dont know if its cause the weather or just cause but i want it to stop.......thanks and will check back later.

First of all. YOur not bugging me at all. This helps me just as much as it helps you. And second of all. no this now..you are not the only one and you are not alone. shoot by reading other post you can see that there are alot of people worst off than us. thats the thing about this anxiety crap, it comes then it goes. but we have to beat it by not letting sneak up, and when it does its all how we handle it and think of it. You Will start to feel better, and go back to work. What kind of work do you do. is it stressful? We need to find out some of the things that trigger it. I am reading a great book right now, which is helping me learn about it. and is reasures me that i am not the only one and people beat this all the time. I think what sucks worst about the dissorder, is ..its not like a broken arm where people on the outside can see and say that is what is wrong. It is hard for people to understand what we are going through if they have never had the thought, the feeling that we have had. Heck, we sometimes dont understand them...and that is what i think scares us the most..we fear what we dont understand, or what we cant explain...our brains are complicated like that....as for me i have been doing better this week. i am finisishing my first week of meds, and i am seeing my therapist tonight, for the frist time in like 2 years. YOu really need to make a point to see someone (professonal) someone who know and specializes in aznxiety dissorder. they are more apt to help and show compassion to the nightmare feelings you are going through. Soon when you start to feel better, try to make yourself get out of the house and do some of the things you used to do....small steps... agoraphobia is a symptom of anxiety. For the longest time i would avoid things ( i still do) that i would think would give me a panic attack..i thought this was helping me, but i am only making it worse.. even thinking about it would make me anxious....but i am trying, remember POSITIVE thoughts...i know people say that all the time..but it is truly the secret...the secret is believe it....hope to hear from you soon....

Closed Thread