It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• SSRIs and weight gain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2003, 04:22 AM   #1
    Doug1984

Doug1984 HB User
    Angry SSRIs and weight gain

Is anyone else having trouble with weight gain while being on SSRIs? I was on Celexa for 2 yrs then switched to Paxil CR. Anyhow, before taking SSRIs I would stay between 165-170lbs. (i'm 5'8") Now I stay between 180-185. I want to get down to 170 again, but it's tough. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #2
    lanemeyer

lanemeyer HB User
    Re: SSRIs and weight gain

To control my panics i was prescribed Beta Blockers (propanylol) and was told that NO i wouldnt gain any weight!...i ended up putting over 2 stone on!

After 8 months i stopped the beta blockers and exercised and the weight started to all come off.

during this time, the doctor had kept on telling me that i would NOT gain any weight!...yet everthing i read about BB's say Weight Gain is a side affect

Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #3
    teri7

teri7 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doug1984
    Is anyone else having trouble with weight gain while being on SSRIs? I was on Celexa for 2 yrs then switched to Paxil CR. Anyhow, before taking SSRIs I would stay between 165-170lbs. (i'm 5'8") Now I stay between 180-185. I want to get down to 170 again, but it's tough. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doug
    You definitely gainweight with paxil.I finally had to get off of them because of that. I am now on effexor and it is somewhat better. They all make you gain weight.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:42 PM   #4
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I take generic prozac and I lost 5 pounds. I have been taking it for 2 months and have had no weight gain at all.

Closed Thread