It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• question about flushing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
    Caryn64
    (female)

Caryn64 HB User
    question about flushing

hi does anyone else experience flushing with there panic anxiety

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: question about flushing

It's a physiological response to your situational thoughts....such as embarassment. My hands used to/and occasionally turn red when my anxiety is high and I'm feeling "stupid". I've done CBT for it as well as biofeedback (which I flunked because I kept falling asleep), the CBT worked well. It still bothers me (because I'm very fair and it's noticable), but certainly not as much as it used to.

CBT will help lead you to get the tools you need to help break the cycle... (if that's what you want).....because the thought of being red to me SHOWS the world there's something wrong. It added to the cycle of my irrational thoughts.

Hope this helps somewhat.
    quincy

Old 12-16-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
    Some12
    Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
    Smile Re: question about flushing

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Caryn64
    hi does anyone else experience flushing with there panic anxiety
    Hi Caryn64,
    Tingling, numbness or flushing are the most common first symptoms of panic or anxiety. flushing is usually the first for me.

Sickman

Old 12-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
    Caryn64
    (female)

Caryn64 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Hi Caryn64,
    Tingling, numbness or flushing are the most common first symptoms of panic or anxiety. flushing is usually the first for me.

Sickman
    hi thanx for replying. does your flushing go in your chest neck ears

Old 12-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #5
    Some12
    Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: question about flushing

Quote:
    hi thanx for replying. does your flushing go in your chest neck ears
    Exactly, moves right on up. This is a minor symptom, nothing to worry about. When you get used to it acting in one way it may change the way it moves or the areas of your body if effects. Shake if off and don't worry, it is only brain tricks, nothing that will harm you. The sooner you can get use to it, the less it will effect you. You can master this, work at it and again, don't worry you are fine. Be well

Sincerely,

Sickman

Old 12-17-2003, 05:52 AM   #6
    Caryn64
    (female)

Caryn64 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Exactly, moves right on up. This is a minor symptom, nothing to worry about. When you get used to it acting in one way it may change the way it moves or the areas of your body if effects. Shake if off and don't worry, it is only brain tricks, nothing that will harm you. The sooner you can get use to it, the less it will effect you. You can master this, work at it and again, don't worry you are fine. Be well

Sincerely,

Sickman
    hi again does it feel like it burns especially in your chest. and does yours come on even if your anxiety isnt high

Old 12-17-2003, 04:04 PM   #7
    Some12
    Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
    Smile Re: question about flushing

Quote:
    hi again does it feel like it burns especially in your chest. and does yours come on even if your anxiety isnt high
    The flushing is the first reaction of anxiety or panic because it is the first response to your Adrenaline rush which is the same thing. It can happen sub-consciously with just the a tiny thing that you don't even realize happened. How do you determine if your anxiety is high or low when you are constantly analizing this action and anticipating it happening. I have gotten this to the point of fire, if that will help. I suggest that you do see your Physcratrist and tell he or she about it, to ease your mind. These things effect everyone different, some worse then others with each type of symptom. Some have symptoms that others have never had, or will and the Doctors have never seen it either. Have it checked out to ease your mind and be calm until you do.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Closed Thread