It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Panic Disorders Message Board

  • Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #16
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: Louisiana
    Posts: 1,274
    hanelo4 HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KayT
    BTW.........hope you had a great time with your granddaughter...........and that Barbie is doing well.........I think my daughter has about 38 Barbies......and she has the videos......including the Barbie workout tape for kids..........

    Kaytee:-)
    Hi hun

    I know you have been through alot in changing meds and all, but has your doctor ever mentioned Klonopin? I'm sure you've already read here that it lasts alot longer than xanex. I know everyone is different, but for me the Klonopin works the best and my mood is so much better now too. I think the aggitation may be coming from the xanex......when you are coming down from it. I went from xanex to ativan to klonopin with no withdrawals at all. The xanex gave me the shakes and the klonopin doesn't do that to me. I'm not sure if you want to go through changing again, but I think it may help alot with the aggitation you are experiencing. Only your doctor would know best though.

    Good Luck hun and I hope you get through this soon
    Chantel

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #17
    KayT
    Veteran
     
    KayT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 359
    KayT HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Okay, here's the scoop...........

    I saw the doc today...........she increased my Xanax to 4 times a day if I want to............and she also increased the Zoloft to 100mg.............she says she's tired of playing around with it and wants to get me feeling better.............I asked if I should just go to 75mg of Zoloft.......but she feels 100 is where I need to be to get this under control...........she says in a couple of weeks I should be feeling much better...............

    Better get going,
    Have dinner to make and kids to play with,

    Kaytee:-)

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 08:23 PM   #18
    KayT
    Veteran
     
    KayT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 359
    KayT HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    I wanted to respond regarding with the Klonopin........the doctor preferred to give me Xanax.........she says they work very simiiar and this is just a temporary thing for now............until the Zoloft kicks in......

    Sickman, any thoughts on the Zoloft increase? The doc thinks this will get me to the theraputic level I need to be at to get things better under control..........she says 50mg is helping but not helping enough........obviously because I am still a mess at times with these spikes of anxiety/agitation hitting me...........I am going to take the 100mg and see how I feel..........

    Today by 5:30pm when it was time to take my next 1mg of Xanax I felt very drugged and tired........so I only took .5.............I don't want to be to out of it...........but tomorrow I am going to try that again and see if it helps..........

    The good news is, like you said, I am on the uphill side of things now and should start feeling better each day and week.........

    Kaytee:-)

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM   #19
    Some12
    Senior Veteran
     
    Some12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 724
    Some12 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KayT
    I wanted to respond regarding with the Klonopin........the doctor preferred to give me Xanax.........she says they work very simiiar and this is just a temporary thing for now............until the Zoloft kicks in......

    Sickman, any thoughts on the Zoloft increase? The doc thinks this will get me to the theraputic level I need to be at to get things better under control..........she says 50mg is helping but not helping enough........obviously because I am still a mess at times with these spikes of anxiety/agitation hitting me...........I am going to take the 100mg and see how I feel..........

    Today by 5:30pm when it was time to take my next 1mg of Xanax I felt very drugged and tired........so I only took .5.............I don't want to be to out of it...........but tomorrow I am going to try that again and see if it helps..........

    The good news is, like you said, I am on the uphill side of things now and should start feeling better each day and week.........

    Kaytee:-)
    Dear KayT,
    I wish I would have read this first, I would not have been so strong on the post about taking two benzos together. Glad that you found the right path. Take care

    Sincerely,

    Sickman

     
    Old 01-13-2004, 06:12 AM   #20
    KayT
    Veteran
     
    KayT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 359
    KayT HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Dear KayT,
    I wish I would have read this first, I would not have been so strong on the post about taking two benzos together. Glad that you found the right path. Take care

    Sincerely,

    Sickman

    Hi Sickman,

    I had a friend recommend the two Benzos together...........so I just asked on the board about it........I was really curious if that could be done.........I didn't figure it would be a good choice for me.........but I really wondered if you could take them together............it sounded a bit dangerous to me.........then I just wondered about the Klonopin and agitation............that's it...........

    When I saw the doc yesterday I asked her about Klonopin and she basicly said she wanted to stick with the plan we we're on..........she did increase the Xanax to four a day for the next two weeks and of course upped the Zoloft to 100mg (which I was kind of scared about, but took it last night and this morning I am still here and functioning). She thinks things should begin getting better within the next two weeks.........she said each day should get a bit better...........

    Anyhow, you didn't come on to strong, you were right, totally drugging myself to where I can't function is not an option and certainly something I wouldn't want to do............I know I have to ride this out...........although it has been very tough........I have made it this far and like my doctor said, I've made it through the worst of it so just hang in there a little longer to see the benefits.............

    You didn't answer my question about the Zoloft increase?? My friend who is a nurse says they go from 50-100, that is standard for raising the dose...........just wanted your thoughts............

    Talk to ya soon,

    Kaytee:-)

     
    Old 01-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #21
    Some12
    Senior Veteran
     
    Some12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 724
    Some12 HB User
    Wink Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KayT
    Hi Sickman,

    I had a friend recommend the two Benzos together...........so I just asked on the board about it........I was really curious if that could be done.........I didn't figure it would be a good choice for me.........but I really wondered if you could take them together............it sounded a bit dangerous to me.........then I just wondered about the Klonopin and agitation............that's it...........

    When I saw the doc yesterday I asked her about Klonopin and she basicly said she wanted to stick with the plan we we're on..........she did increase the Xanax to four a day for the next two weeks and of course upped the Zoloft to 100mg (which I was kind of scared about, but took it last night and this morning I am still here and functioning). She thinks things should begin getting better within the next two weeks.........she said each day should get a bit better...........

    Anyhow, you didn't come on to strong, you were right, totally drugging myself to where I can't function is not an option and certainly something I wouldn't want to do............I know I have to ride this out...........although it has been very tough........I have made it this far and like my doctor said, I've made it through the worst of it so just hang in there a little longer to see the benefits.............

    You didn't answer my question about the Zoloft increase?? My friend who is a nurse says they go from 50-100, that is standard for raising the dose...........just wanted your thoughts............

    Talk to ya soon,

    Kaytee:-)
    Dear KayT,
    I have not taken zoloft so all I can offer about this medication is the following:

    Depression and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Sertraline HCl treatment should be administered at a dose of 50 mg once daily.

    Panic Disorder: Sertraline HCl treatment should be initiated with a dose of 25 mg once daily. After one week, the dose should be increased to 50 mg once daily.

    While a relationship between dose and effect has not been established for depression, OCD, or panic disorder, patients were dosed in a range of 50-200 mg/day in the clinical trials demonstrating the effectiveness of sertraline HCl for these indications. Consequently, a dose of 50 mg, administered once daily, is recommended as the initial dose. Patients not responding to a 50 mg dose may benefit from dose increases up to a maximum of 200 mg/day. Given the 24 hour elimination half-life of sertraline HCl, dose changes should not occur at intervals of less than 1 week.

    Sertraline HCl should be administered once daily, either in the morning or evening.

    Sertraline is Zoloft, so you are in the mid range of the medicaiton. Don't worry about that, the medication alone calmed you and if it was not going to work out for you, you should have had a lot more problems with it at the start. Just my opinion but I knew by the second day while trying an srri at a low dosage if it was going to work or not agree with me. Carry on KayT

    Sincerely,

    Sickman

    Last edited by Sickman; 01-13-2004 at 09:27 AM.

     
    Old 01-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #22
    KayT
    Veteran
     
    KayT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 359
    KayT HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Dear KayT,
    I have not taken zoloft so all I can offer about this medication is the following:

    Depression and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Sertraline HCl treatment should be administered at a dose of 50 mg once daily.

    Panic Disorder: Sertraline HCl treatment should be initiated with a dose of 25 mg once daily. After one week, the dose should be increased to 50 mg once daily.

    While a relationship between dose and effect has not been established for depression, OCD, or panic disorder, patients were dosed in a range of 50-200 mg/day in the clinical trials demonstrating the effectiveness of sertraline HCl for these indications. Consequently, a dose of 50 mg, administered once daily, is recommended as the initial dose. Patients not responding to a 50 mg dose may benefit from dose increases up to a maximum of 200 mg/day. Given the 24 hour elimination half-life of sertraline HCl, dose changes should not occur at intervals of less than 1 week.

    Sertraline HCl should be administered once daily, either in the morning or evening.

    Sertraline is Zoloft, so you are in the mid range of the medicaiton. Don't worry about that, the medication alone calmed you and if it was not going to work out for you, you should have had a lot more problems with it at the start. Just my opinion but I knew by the second day while trying an srri at a low dosage if it was going to work or not agree with me. Carry on KayT

    Sincerely,

    Sickman
    Thanks for the info Sickman...........I feel a bit down right now........feeling more drugged.........which is probably just a side effect of the Xanax combined with increasing the Zoloft..........I just hope the doc didn't bump me up to fast..........I don't want to go back in a fog like the Paxil did..........I don't really feel foggy...........just feel like I'm on something..............just like all of these other adjustments this will just take time to work it's way out.........you're right though........the Zoloft has given me few SEs and has not put me in a place where I can't think straight..........I just get scared sometimes.......just want to feel better.............but I'm okay........going to go get busy......do some stuff with the kids and make dinner............do you think the bump up will take much time for my body to accept and adjust to??? I don't like feeling weird like I'm drugged or something.........but also agree with my doctor that 50mg probably won't do the trick.........

    Talk to ya soon,

    Kaytee:-)

     
    Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #23
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: Louisiana
    Posts: 1,274
    hanelo4 HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Dear KayT,
    I wish I would have read this first, I would not have been so strong on the post about taking two benzos together. Glad that you found the right path. Take care

    Sincerely,

    Sickman
    Ack! I didn't mean for her to take two benzos together. See what I mean about the way I type, lol. I need to watch what I say from now on. I meant to ask her doctor if Klonopin would be better for her to take for the aggitation, rather then the xanex. Like, to switch from xanex to klonopin. I started out taking xanex, the switched to ativan, then switched again to klonopin. That's what I meant. I hope I cleared everything up and sorry about that.

    Sincerely,
    Chantel

     
    Old 01-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #24
    Some12
    Senior Veteran
     
    Some12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 724
    Some12 HB User
    Wink Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003
    Ack! I didn't mean for her to take two benzos together. See what I mean about the way I type, lol. I need to watch what I say from now on. I meant to ask her doctor if Klonopin would be better for her to take for the aggitation, rather then the xanex. Like, to switch from xanex to klonopin. I started out taking xanex, the switched to ativan, then switched again to klonopin. That's what I meant. I hope I cleared everything up and sorry about that.

    Sincerely,
    Chantel
    Dear chantel2003,
    You know, you are a lot of fun. I don't think you have a typing problem, I think you just have so much to say that you are a ball of fire and are working three sentences ahead in your mind then you are typing. I do this when I am working on something physical. I am doing the 1st step and thinking about the 5th. I have a niece that just graduated after 4 years with a double major and on the deans list the whole time. She was a four pointer all though high school and took almost every scholarship including the militarys athletic award. She talks so fast that when she is talking to me, I actually take a real deep breath and she stops and does the same. She doesn't even realize that she does it. I just don't want her to run out of air. She is finally slowing down now and I am glad to see that. Anyway, have a good one my Friend.

    Sincerely,

    Sickman

     
    Old 01-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #25
    KayT
    Veteran
     
    KayT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 359
    KayT HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003
    Ack! I didn't mean for her to take two benzos together. See what I mean about the way I type, lol. I need to watch what I say from now on. I meant to ask her doctor if Klonopin would be better for her to take for the aggitation, rather then the xanex. Like, to switch from xanex to klonopin. I started out taking xanex, the switched to ativan, then switched again to klonopin. That's what I meant. I hope I cleared everything up and sorry about that.

    Sincerely,
    Chantel

    No need to worry Chantel,

    I knew what you meant. I had someone suggest it to me, not someone from this forum so I asked if that was something you can do. It was more a curiosity thing...........I know Klonopin works........but since I had to withdrawal from it when I was pregnant with my daugther.......man I have some bad memories..........and probably won't go that route.......the withdrawal was terrible.......I was very ill..........but that's also because it was stopped cold turkey........but even going off it slowly was tough and I had to get it down to a tiny *** before my body would let go of it..............and I know Xanax can do the same........but hopefully I can taper it slowly and not so fast because this time I am not pregnant.............

    Kaytee:-)

     
    Old 01-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #26
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: Louisiana
    Posts: 1,274
    hanelo4 HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sickman
    Dear chantel2003,
    You know, you are a lot of fun. I don't think you have a typing problem, I think you just have so much to say that you are a ball of fire and are working three sentences ahead in your mind then you are typing. I do this when I am working on something physical. I am doing the 1st step and thinking about the 5th. I have a niece that just graduated after 4 years with a double major and on the deans list the whole time. She was a four pointer all though high school and took almost every scholarship including the militarys athletic award. She talks so fast that when she is talking to me, I actually take a real deep breath and she stops and does the same. She doesn't even realize that she does it. I just don't want her to run out of air. She is finally slowing down now and I am glad to see that. Anyway, have a good one my Friend.

    Sincerely,

    Sickman
    LOL hun,

    Yes, I am known to talk out of my head sometimes. I think something in my head and just start talking like everyone in the room knew what I was thinking. I also think of 4 or 5 different things at once. I guess that comes with being a mom. I can actually talk to someone and listen to someone else in the background while paying attention to my dogs and making sure my kids are safe, lol. I constantly have 50 million things floating through my mind all the time.

    Anyway, glad you understood me and you have a great night hun,
    God Bless You and Your Family,
    Chantel

     
    Old 01-20-2004, 03:11 PM   #27
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: Louisiana
    Posts: 1,274
    hanelo4 HB User
    Re: Regarding Zoloft and other SSRIs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KayT
    No need to worry Chantel,

    I knew what you meant. I had someone suggest it to me, not someone from this forum so I asked if that was something you can do. It was more a curiosity thing...........I know Klonopin works........but since I had to withdrawal from it when I was pregnant with my daugther.......man I have some bad memories..........and probably won't go that route.......the withdrawal was terrible.......I was very ill..........but that's also because it was stopped cold turkey........but even going off it slowly was tough and I had to get it down to a tiny *** before my body would let go of it..............and I know Xanax can do the same........but hopefully I can taper it slowly and not so fast because this time I am not pregnant.............

    Kaytee:-)


    Ohhhh, I know about withdrawal cause I'm going through this right now. It is not pleasant at all. The medication is so, so, good though, that I guess it's worth going through. I am also down to a little bitty peice and my body just doesn't want to let go at this time. I know it will sooner or later. I will just have to try again later.

    Good luck with your xanex and I hope everything gets worked out soon
    Chantel

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Cymbalta vs.Zoloft economike Depression 14 03-24-2011 09:34 PM
    how do i take myself off of zoloft msuguy01010 Drug Interactions / Side Effects 19 06-26-2010 08:25 AM
    Is it just me or does Zoloft cause major somnolence/drowsiness? joebloggs2 Anxiety 3 09-21-2008 01:25 PM
    Week 4 of Zoloft, Please help yankees123 Anxiety 8 02-13-2006 05:10 AM
    Y'All Are Scarin' Me Regarding Lexapro! Curious One Depression 33 01-22-2006 12:23 PM
    Extreme Rage from Zoloft, mohouse ADD / ADHD 10 01-31-2005 06:08 AM
    What's better, Zoloft of Prozac? ainfante Panic Disorders 12 07-21-2004 05:45 AM
    Looking for a zoloft combination Punchy Panic Disorders 3 01-06-2004 08:22 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!