It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Anyone have tingling numbness and burning in face and neck during a panic attack?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
    Tony1

Tony1 HB User
    Anyone have tingling numbness and burning in face and neck during a panic attack?

Had this for the first time today and was curious if anyone else had any of these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
    Graciecat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
    Re: Anyone have tingling numbness and burning in face and neck during a panic attack?

I've had the tingling and numbness but never any burning...it would sometimes feel hot, but not really feel like it was burning.
    I did talk to my Doctor about it and he told me that was a very common for people with panic disorder to feel this.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
    Tony1

Tony1 HB User
    Re: Anyone have tingling numbness and burning in face and neck during a panic attack?

Thanks Graciecat I guess when I think about it more it was mostly tingling that just started in my face out of nowhere and hot or warm and are better descriptions. Did you get these in your face and neck area?

Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
    Graciecat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

Yep, it was in my face and neck and sometimes would even go across my shoulder blades.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1
    Had this for the first time today and was curious if anyone else had any of these symptoms?
    Hi Tony,
    I got this feeling with the worst panic attack I have ever had(which was last May). I've gotten this sensation off and on ever sense(not during attacks). It feels like a pins and needles sensation over my entire face and a burning feeling over my scalp. I started seeing a Neurologist last week and had an MRI on Monday because I have several other symptoms along with this.

Facial numbness and tingling during a panic attack is usually caused by hyperventilation. This is what they told me at the ER the first time I had this(even though I could have sworn I was breathing just fine ). It is definatly a scary feeling. If this is just occuring with a panic attack, I think it is a fairly common symptom of panic. I'm concerned about my facial tingling because it is now happening without having an attack and it will last several days at a time.
    Take care,
    Hilery

Old 03-03-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
    kaley
    (female)

kaley HB User

Tony,
    Once again we are having identical symptoms....I have that feeling also. I feel like my whole upper body is burning...I have also talked to my Dr. and he said it can go hand in hand with anxiety. Do you always feel that you are in a constant state of anxiety? I feel this way everyday and it is getting very tiresome.....Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #7
    Tony1

Tony1 HB User

Yes I am always in a constant state of anxiety, so much that I startle very easily. For me the problem is I have been having chest tightness and some other heart related symptoms that are causing me much concern. I have been to the ER for blood test (for heart attack), chest xray, ekg. Two more EKG's at Dr. office during visit with internist and cardiologist. I also had a stress EKG (fine). Cardiologist said it was nothing to worry about even though I have some risk factors and internest said I should consider a thallium stress test at the very least for reassurance but also added that you never know (ugh). But aside from this I am a very anxious and worrisome person who always seems to be battling depression. Had a wonderful panic attack today and I am growing very very tired myself. My mind is worn out. Will probably go see a pyschiatrist to help with the panic attacks. I am on imipramine which worked in the past and have some xanax. Thanks for your help, I will be popping in and out alot and good luck to you too.

Closed Thread