It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• WELLBUTRlN CONFUSION!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2004, 06:38 AM   #1
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User
    Question WELLBUTRlN CONFUSION!!!

HEY EVERYONE!
    I would love some input on Wellbutrin. I suffer from panic and anxiety. I am currently on 12.5 of zoloft(I CAN NOT tollerate any more of it as I get very ill) and klonopin .5 3x daily. I used to take Celexa and all my anxiety was totally gone!! Then it pooped out and the agigation was unbearable to my family. My PS Doc wants to add WElbutrun XL to my mixture, She gave me the 150 XL pills and told me to CUT them into 1/4 just to see how I do on it. The insert says to NOT cut. Can anyone tell me if they have been on any of the Wellbutrins(SR, XL??) and what the difference is? Is it safe to break the coating on them? My pharmasist says it is OK but then why not take the normal stuff. I am very confused. Your input is greatly appreciated!
    THANKS!
    BYRDLEG

byrdleg
    View Public Profile
    Find all posts by byrdleg
    Add byrdleg to Your Buddy List

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
    tgrose
    (female)

tgrose HB User
    Re: WELLBUTRlN CONFUSION!!!

I don't know about cutting it but I couldn't take WEllbutrin. It made me HAVE panic attacks and completely wiped out my appetite. I know a lot of people take it for anxiety but I just couldn't. It made me feel worse. When it comes to what to do with meds, I've always found that my pharmacist knows quite a bit and is always helpful.

Old 04-04-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

the wellbutrin may help but its very confusing as in some areas there are 3 versions of it available, the wellbutrin website has details

did you try celexa at a high dose?

Old 04-07-2004, 05:23 AM   #4
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Hello HRY33, I was on Celexa and it was wonderful!! That is until the poop-out IT was still working for anxiety but I was having HORRIBLE mood swings and so aggitated! SO we stopped it after 3 or 4 years. I would LOVE To go back on it. Do these drugs ever work again after poop-out? SO frusterating. I am now on Zoloft 12.5 at night and 35 mg of Wellbutrin and I am feeling panicky and my heart is racing as Wellbutrin was just added 4 days ago. Not sure if this is adjustment or if it is not for me..............? Why does this have to be so difficult?

I appreciate your input!
    BYRDLEG

Old 04-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

get some valium type meds, these reduce antidepressant side effects and after effects

Last edited by hry33; 04-07-2004 at 01:53 PM.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:36 PM   #6
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

hry33
    Thanks so much for the advice. I am on klonopin .5 3x daily. If only there was an easy answer as I have children and want my life back!!

THANKS
    BYRDLEG

Old 04-09-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
    shellybell

shellybell HB User
    Question Re: WELLBUTRlN CONFUSION!!!

I have been taking Wellbutrin for 4 days now and it has began to give me my life back. I take 150mg 2xday. I'm not sure if it is going to stop my anxiety, because today I had to take 2 Lorazepam's just hours after my first does of Wellbutrin. So, we will see if it works. I haven't tried Celexa - does it do pretty well?

Old 04-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #8
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

HELLO,
    Celexa worked wonders for my for panic. Unfortunatly it pooped out and made me very aggitated and mean. I stopped my Wellbutrin after 6 days as It caused me to have some major dizzy spells that lasted for hours. I felt better today. I also just stopped the Zoloft and am going to try Celexa again. I am really hopefull that after being off of it for a year it will work again. I truely hope the Wellbutrin works wonders for you!! Let me know how you progress.

Take Care
    Byrdleg

Closed Thread