It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Feeling like there is a cloud in my head:(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #1
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    Feeling like there is a cloud in my head:(

Just needed to vent and say that I missed my dose of Lexapro last night because I needed to refill it and I wasn't feeling well enough to go get some more. I now feel like crap I feel like my head is really cloudy and I cannot concentrate. If this post is all over the place, that is why. I keep seeing little blots of black at the corner of my eyes like something is there and when I turn to look, there's nothing How sad this condition is. I am all depressed and moody too I feel like I'm going to cry on the drop of a hat. Sad huh? Just one missed dose and I feel like this. Geez! Makes me feel like nothing will ever help me get better.....Sorry for the depressed post, I just needed to vent a little.

Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Feeling like there is a cloud in my head:(

I suspect your worry about the missed dose is partly responsible

Old 05-03-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
    ixion
    (male)

ixion HB User

Hey Chantel.. I've had panic/depersonalization/derealizion hardcore for about 4 years now. I am on prozac. I'll tell you what is really helping me.

Most of that feeling is just in your head. It's not real. Your mind is tricking itself because you aren't on your meds. Truthfully, I just started to wean off of my meds and i've been feeling alot better. Medication is good, but you sound like me, where I became too reliant on it. Your body and mind are amazing things and are able to heal itself of manythings, panic being one of them. What I'm planning on doing is once I'm off the meds completely, If I start to get these feelings again, not even do therapy, see how far I can get on my own. One thing that always helps me is that it is harmless. It's not real. It is false brain signals. I'd rather go through months of hell to get my mind back in the right place.. Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I get so angry at my PD... Anyway, good luck, hope this helps

Old 05-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Chantel, it could be your body wanting that dose, you know, I had a horrible time weaning off lexapro after just under 3 weeks, so once you get your meds filled, you'll be fine.
    I hit rock bottom last nite & today. Cried all last nite & today. Some personal things happened with dh & I felt like it was the last straw. I actually posted last week to someone about how supportive he is, but he has been sniping at me, with ignorant remarks, the one last nite was the last straw.
    I have been trying my hardest to not obsess or to do it in front of him & also working my tail off in the yard & doing things so when he gets home he doesn't have to do them, but not even a thank you. Last nite was it. I lost it.
    I couldn't remember if I took my Klonopin, I was so nervous & upset, so after an hour of laying in bed, I got up & took another, then also started my new med, trazadone. I thought maybe I took my pepcid instead of my Klonopin & so figured that if I did, it wiped out my new med, so I also took another one of those. I was a zombie when I woke up 12 hours later. Looked like a druggy, you know that horrible look in the eyes? I could not even open my eyes all the way. Then I cried all day today, which hasn't helped, now my eyes are about swollen shut, so I can barely read this board, plus I have that horrible headache you get from crying so much.
    Sounds like we both had a bad day.
    Hope you feel better soon, lori

Old 05-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #5
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003
    Just needed to vent and say that I missed my dose of Lexapro last night because I needed to refill it and I wasn't feeling well enough to go get some more. I now feel like crap I feel like my head is really cloudy and I cannot concentrate. If this post is all over the place, that is why. I keep seeing little blots of black at the corner of my eyes like something is there and when I turn to look, there's nothing How sad this condition is. I am all depressed and moody too I feel like I'm going to cry on the drop of a hat. Sad huh? Just one missed dose and I feel like this. Geez! Makes me feel like nothing will ever help me get better.....Sorry for the depressed post, I just needed to vent a little.

Chantel
    HELLO!
    Can You tell me how much Lexapro you are on, how long and is it working?? I ahve been on 2.5 mg for a week and am realy off balance, the panic is still there although a little better. I also just want my life back. I know from the LExapro site that it is a potent drug. twice as stong as Celexa.But when doees it kick in and the side effects go away. I would appreciate any input!

THANKS!
    BYRDLEG

Old 05-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Lori,

Big hugs to you hun!! You have been through so much lately. I feel for you. I know our husbands get tired of hearing us complain all the time cause mine does too. He is supportive of me also, but he says things that hurt my feelings just like yours does. I also think that we are at a vulnerable time right now and we are more sensitive now too. I've been crying for everything too lately. I'm back on my meds, but the crying and aggrivation haven't stopped. I've been yelling like crazy! My kids look at me like I'm a retard, lol. I know how you feel and you are not alone on this. I wish there was a magical cure. Just know, like I've said before, I am here for you when you need to talk(type, lol). And I will try to help the best I can, even if it's telling you I've been feeling the same way.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Old 05-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #7
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Brydleg,

Hi hun 2.5mg of Lexapro is a really low dose. I am on 10mg right now. I started on 5mg. I've never heard of 2.5, are you sure you are taking Lexapro? Maybe the dose needs to be higher so you can feel better.

Chantel

Old 05-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #8
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
    Brydleg,

Hi hun 2.5mg of Lexapro is a really low dose. I am on 10mg right now. I started on 5mg. I've never heard of 2.5, are you sure you are taking Lexapro? Maybe the dose needs to be higher so you can feel better.

Chantel

YES it is Lexapro............You should try to cut the pill that small. I upped it a little and man was I off today.............So dizzy and spacey!! When I was on Celexa I took 2-3 mg daily and it worked wonders! IF I tried to go higher I was all loopy and felt awful.............then I hit drug poop-out and that is where I am now with trying the lexapro. I know your body needs to adjust it is just such a long processs............especially for me! I will give it time to see if it works, as it has only been a week. I am just very sensitive to the SSRI meds.
    Take Care!
    byrdleg

Old 05-07-2004, 12:18 PM   #9
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Wow! I thought I was sensitive. That's the first time I ever here of such a low dose. And, I thought 10mg was low for me, lol. I hope you feel better soon hun. Like I said in another post to you, Lexapro is a good med for panic.

Chantel

Old 05-07-2004, 01:21 PM   #10
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
    Wow! I thought I was sensitive. That's the first time I ever here of such a low dose. And, I thought 10mg was low for me, lol. I hope you feel better soon hun. Like I said in another post to you, Lexapro is a good med for panic.

Chantel
    Thanks!! That is why I have such a hard time finding one that works. I can not take the "normal dosage." Just very sensitive to meds I guess. I hope this is the drug. I took a larger dose day before yesterday then yesterday cut it back because I was so dizzy and out of it!! BAD Well last night about 2:00 I awoke with some funky feelings...........almost like panic at night, in my sleep. I have NEVER had that before. Hope it was a one time thing as I felt awful. I will give it a good 2 months and see how it works. They are calling in a liquid so that I can better regulate how much I get each day.
    Thanks for caring!
    BYRDLEG

Old 05-11-2004, 06:48 PM   #11
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Brydleg,

You are really lucky you can take a liquid form hun. I sure hope it helps you out And, you don't have to thank me for caring hun, I know what you go through....believe me

Chantel

Old 05-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #12
    byrdleg
    Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
    Brydleg,

You are really lucky you can take a liquid form hun. I sure hope it helps you out And, you don't have to thank me for caring hun, I know what you go through....believe me

Chantel

Thanks so much Chantel,
    Tonight my hubby and I were "discusing" the issue and he said how hard and misserable it is for him when I do a med change or am not feeling right I said I would much prefer to be dealing with someone with it than the one that has it. I guess it is difficult on both ends. I am feeling better panic wise but the woozy, off feeling has not gone away. I am an avid exerciser and I get so sick when I work out. I feel like vomiting. I keep waiting for this too pass......It will be 2 weeks on Thursday! Lets hope the side effect are on their way out!!!

Take care!
    BYRDLEG!

Old 05-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #13
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Brydleg

Hey again hun It took me about 4-5 weeks to level out completely. I still get that "zombie" feeling and stare into space, but that is normal. My friend asked me the other day if I was okay. I had been yapping with her all day and by the end of the night, I got quiet. That is what the med does to me. I guess it's okay since I'm not having a full blown attack.

Chantel

Old 05-12-2004, 11:00 PM   #14
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by byrdleg
    YES it is Lexapro............You should try to cut the pill that small. I upped it a little and man was I off today.............So dizzy and spacey!! When I was on Celexa I took 2-3 mg daily and it worked wonders! IF I tried to go higher I was all loopy and felt awful.............then I hit drug poop-out and that is where I am now with trying the lexapro. I know your body needs to adjust it is just such a long processs............especially for me! I will give it time to see if it works, as it has only been a week. I am just very sensitive to the SSRI meds.
    Take Care!
    byrdleg
    I also have to take like a childs dose of meds, any kind, even over the counter meds. My pdoc cannot belive how low doses of meds even help me. I was on lexapro & I had every side effect so had to go off it. My pdoc tried some tricyclic about a month ago, maprotyline or something like that, one dose & I was flying, running into walls etc. Got off that quick. I also cannot take any SSRI's. I react horribly to them. I am now on trazadone & just upped it to a full pill, so far so good.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:13 PM   #15
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
    Lori,

Big hugs to you hun!! You have been through so much lately. I feel for you. I know our husbands get tired of hearing us complain all the time cause mine does too. He is supportive of me also, but he says things that hurt my feelings just like yours does. I also think that we are at a vulnerable time right now and we are more sensitive now too. I've been crying for everything too lately. I'm back on my meds, but the crying and aggrivation haven't stopped. I've been yelling like crazy! My kids look at me like I'm a retard, lol. I know how you feel and you are not alone on this. I wish there was a magical cure. Just know, like I've said before, I am here for you when you need to talk(type, lol). And I will try to help the best I can, even if it's telling you I've been feeling the same way.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel
    Chantel, hubby & I had it out the next nite. I cried so hard, I just didn't care about anything anymore.

He admitted that he has been irritable at work snapping at his employees too & also I noticed he's been really impatient with the g-kids too, so he made an appointment with our family doc & got effexor xr for it. Now, I didn't think that effexor was for stress! He said the doc asked him if he was depressed or suicidal & he said NO, just stressed & snapping at everyone. I thought he'd give him klonopin or xanax. I really didn't think he'd give him effexor.
    I am not sure that is the right thing for him.

We have been talking more & getting along better, I think he just has let things get to him without talking about them. He leaves all his work at work & maybe he needs to bring some home & talk about it once in a while.

We launched our boat sunday, everything that could go wrong did. I tried to keep my cool, went & sat in d-in-laws car as it was hot & I was roasting in the sun. They thought the battery was dead & got the marina to get us a "quick start' & then found out it was the bendix in the starter. they managed to get it to our slip, but it wouldn't stay running. Then we tried to launch the wave runner (which is new) and it wouldn't start! geez. come to find out there is an on/off switch for the gas, we never had a wave runner before., so that was resolved rather quickly. The starter is covered under warranty yet, so that turned out ok, but they have to order it.
    The day started out horrible, like my life most of the time. I think if things would go right once in a while I wouldn't be so bad, but it's always something. Do you feel like that too????

Anyway, we all had fun on the wave runner, it is a riot. We used the boat to sit & eat on while others were on the wave runner & had the bimini top up & there was a nice breeze so we were all able to cool off.

Hubby brought wine coolers back after he ran home to get something to try to fix the bendix. I had two of them right away, normally I do not drink at all with all the meds I take, but I sure needed it after all the mishaps. All but my son had some wine coolers. After just one little one I felt looped, that's how much I drink. LOL

Had a bad depression day yesterday, it just hit me out of nowhere. Felt totally hopeless & pointless to live. I upped the trazadone to a full pill since it has had no side effects on me. I called the pdoc today to tell him & he was fine with it. Hopefully, it will help to be on a full dose.

I also was way behind on sleep, which usually brings on a depression episode, so I slept 12 hours last nite. Felt better today. I think all of us need more sleep, it seems like our bodies need it more than other people.

I also posted you on another thread tonite. later, hugs, lori

Closed Thread