It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• HELP! Have any of you experienced these symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
    CoolWaterz
    (male)

CoolWaterz HB User
    HELP! Have any of you experienced these symptoms?

Ok ive been getting panic attacks for months now, and I am now on Sinequan 50mg a night for two weeks now. Its already helping me alot, but every few nights I seem to have these same symptoms that I am unclear about. Their not the panic attacks that I am used to having where I start to really panic and sweat while my heart feels like its going to explode. These are very strange and Im not sure they even are panic attacks. Im wondering it could be a combination of the Sinequan and the Ambien that I was prescribed in case I still couldnt feel asleep. It feels as though I am floating over any emotion I have. Last night I kept thinking my heart was racing but when I felt it, i was almost confused to feel it wasnt beating fast at all. While this is happening my mind is completely relaxed, I dont feel anxiety really and Im actually quite optimistic in the fact that I say to myself "this is nothing, im not even panicking". Sometimes I feel as if my body is shaking and yet i feel like im completely drugged up and relaxed and floating over everything.

Is this still a panic attack? Could you have a panic attack eventhough your mind completely relaxed? I also notice when this happens that alot of the times I drift off to sleep and all of the sudden just as i am about to drift off into sleep, i get this feeling in my heart like I have just hit the downward part of a rollercoaster and in a flash , its gone...It doesnt scare me at all, but I just know its going to happen and it keeps happening everytime I drift off into sleep until I take an ambien and actually pass out. What is going on with my messed up body and brain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #2
    Caryn64
    (female)

Caryn64 HB User
    Re: HELP! Have any of you experienced these symptoms?

i, i also got that rollercoaster feeling. Its hard to explain isnt it. but i know what your talking about. It feels like it goes thru your whole body in a sense. Everytime you float off to sleep,boom it happens again. Its not really scary but it is unusual. after i got on my meds and they started working all of that stopped

Old 06-28-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
    CoolWaterz
    (male)

CoolWaterz HB User

Im glad someone knows what i mean, it feels like a sudden jolt through your entire body almost how it feels if your on high elevation and someone comes behind you and grabs you as if their pretending to push you off. The meds have been helping because what started out occuring every night now only occurs when i think about it happening in bed. Im hoping eventually they will just fade off...but has anyone experienced that floating feeling as if your head isnt really attached to your body? Like whatever is occuring in your body, whether it be trembling or rapid heart beat your brain is ultra calm and relaxed?

Last edited by CoolWaterz; 06-28-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

YOur body is trying to relax. While you are drifting off, a part of you is looking for the panic and the meds are working to keep you calm. Just relax, don't get into the body symptom and let time pass, you will heal.

Andrea

Closed Thread