It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Uncontrollabe Shaking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
    CindiLynn

CindiLynn HB User
    Uncontrollabe Shaking

Has anyone here had a problem with sudden uncontolled shaking when one is suddenly the focus of too much attention (whether it is the attention of one person or 100?). I am having a problem with that-fine one minute, then if I feel I am under any scrutiny or if someone is watching me too intensely My heart pounds and I shake (sometimes my mind can calm it down but sometimes-not)-the fact I am anticipating this in situations (ie work, social gatherings) makes it a lot worse. This has suddenly affected me fast and furiously. Why?

I do take .75 mg of xanax a day but feel like maybe I need to talk to my dr about increasing my dosage?

Thank you for any advice-this panic disorder is turning into my own personal hell!

Last edited by CindiLynn; 07-01-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Re: Uncontrollabe Shaking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CindiLynn
    Has anyone here had a problem with sudden uncontolled shaking when one is suddenly the focus of too much attention (whether it is the attention of one person or 100?). I am having a problem with that-fine one minute, then if I feel I am under any scrutiny or if someone is watching me too intensely My heart pounds and I shake (sometimes my mind can calm it down but sometimes-not)-the fact I am anticipating this in situations (ie work, social gatherings) makes it a lot worse. This has suddenly affected me fast and furiously. Why?

I do take .75 mg of xanax a day but feel like maybe I need to talk to my dr about increasing my dosage?

Thank you for any advice-this panic disorder is turning into my own personal hell!
    I have had the shakes and trembling for quite sometime now. My body is over sensitized from all the Panic Attacks I was going through after my brother died and then had to get into the car and clean out his place and I have fear of long distances due to a major car accident two years ago. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, but got panic attacks from the trauma of my brother's death. It just brought back all the others traumas from the past. Try not to give it to much attention, that's what it is looking for, so you can become more anxious. It takes time to go away and you can't put a time limit on it so you have to walk through it and if needed, take Xanax during the rough times.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:48 AM   #3
    junglemonkey
    Veteran
    (female)

junglemonkey HB User

Hey,

Shaking is a really intense symptom. It's very hard to deal with when around other people. Granted, I don't really have the problem in social situations (I do with certain people who trigger me though) though people comment on it. Some of the more amusing ones were being possessed, having a fit and even giving birth! lol! It's horrible.

I have never tried Xanax but I have and rarely take (I try my best not to take drugs at all. It feels good to get through something yourself ) propranolol. a 10mg tablet before a big event and my physical symptoms disappear. It's very effective in stopping shaking, heart palps etc with no side effects, maybe a little light headedness though. No withdrawals either.

All the best

Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

Hi cindi

propranalol or some other beta blocker med, taken with the xanax will help more

dont tense up or fight back against the shaking as this makes it worse

relax as much as you can and breathe deep and slow

if you think people are looking at you, look back at them and smile

Old 07-04-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
    KShortie

KShortie HB User
    Talking Re: Uncontrollabe Shaking

Absolutely shaking is a normal part of anxiety and panic. I used to have to hold both sides of my face because my lips would tremble so badly. I have learned to try and ignore the shaking. You feel people are looking at you because a lot of people with anxiety believe they are behaving inappropriately out in public and people are looking at them "funny" and may think they are "crazy". This is not true. It is all part of anxiety. Don't worry all those people you think are looking at you have problems of their own they are worried about, not you. Fight the feeling of thinking you are acting inappropriate. You are not, its all your mind screwing with you. Fight back. Ignore and peace to you.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
    Super Toe

Super Toe HB User

Wow, I didn't even relate my unexplained "shaking" episodes to my panic.

It's good to know that I don't have yet another problem... lol.

Seriously though, this is good to know.

Closed Thread