It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Phil7777 - Hi....anyone with the same as me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
    Sickman
    (male)

Sickman HB User
    Smile Phil7777 - Hi....anyone with the same as me?

Phil7777 - Hi....anyone with the same as me?

Posted by Phil7777 06-28-2004

Hi been suffering from what the Doc calls chronic anxiety from 19 years old up until now 34 years old.....i am male BTW......its so bad i have not worked since 19 and am i guess retired...the pain being i want to fooking live!!!!!But my fear is so great that everyday is hell on Earth...i try to convince myself that if i die that would be better for me...due to lossing the problem...i only ever have a break when sleeping...and thats not too clever either!

Hey i must be the only guy to own a Nissan Skyline but not be able to bloody use it

If anyone wants to chat with me one on one who has this predicament i will be glad to spill my life story in exchange for yours...mail me....we may help each other...cause bloody medicine cant

Many thanks.....

PS if you suffer minor anxiety or stage fright etc..think yourself lucky..as i feel like the illest person on Earth.
    [/COLOR]

Dear Phil7777,
    You or I are not the sickest people in the world, nor the worst off. We suffer from a similiar situiation although I am a little older then you. I was at the top of my career when stuck down by this disabling illness. My situiation is different then yours in one respect because I am afraid mine has no cure or extended future. I don't want anyone to relate their panic attacks with my situiation becuase you do not have what I have. Lets just say it is injury related. I developed panic attacks from fear during the symptoms of my disorder. I can tell the difference between the panic attack symptoms and the other symptoms so I am not getting them confused. I can tell you that using alcohol is fine in one respect that it gives you false bravery at the time to get through the night. The problem on the other hand is that it causes depression which then causes anxiety the next day. Most heavy drinkers take a "bite of the dog that bit them" the next day to get them though to the time when they can drink again. This is only self medication that lowers your depression level to the bottomless pit. Beta-Blockers on the other hand sounds like you need to see another Doctor. If your panic attacks are so bad that you have not been able to work for this many years then you should be on a benzo medication. At this point, I don't think anything else will bring you back to as normal a life as can be. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, etc. I would get another Doctor that has a good understanding of panic attacks and your medical problems. You have to get past the strange feelings that taking these medications will do. The side effects pass and you will not die from them or any panic attack. You will find relief with these. Do not mix alcohol with these and some beta-blockers require a two week or so span between taking them and a mental medication. Do not do this without a Doctor. The best advise that I can give you concerning yours or mine or for that manner anyone with panic disorder is: Take it slow and develope a positive goal on step at a time. Don't think that you will be cured the next day or week or even year. Learn to live the best you can with any disorder and let time decide the result. Don't waste the time you have worrying about every strange sensation you have, it will only result in panic symptoms or attacks. Ignore them, shine them on, tell yourself you don't have time for such thinking. You have a life to live. You are the only one that can truly control if you are going to stand up or lay down to this. There is never a situiation where there is still not something else you can do. Don't give in to this.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
    Phil77777

Phil77777 HB User
    Re: Phil7777 - Hi....anyone with the same as me?

Hi mate...thanks very much for your reply...much helped.

Closed Thread