It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• linden method

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
    sassy040
    (female)

sassy040 HB User
    linden method

JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THE LINDEN METHOD AND IF IT WORKED? IT ALMOST SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT IS WORTH TRYING, OR WORTHLESS

THANKS
    AJS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: linden method

I havent heard of it but would be doubtful of any treatment that is expensive

Old 08-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sassy040
    JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THE LINDEN METHOD AND IF IT WORKED? IT ALMOST SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT IS WORTH TRYING, OR WORTHLESS

THANKS
    AJS

I asked this a long time ago and know one actually answered me. I've seen it, read about it and didn't buy it cause it sounded to good to be true too. I guess it would be worth a try, see if there is a money back guarantee with it. What he is using is the method to just go through panic attacks and then using I believe, CBT or something else to reprogram a gland in the brain, which is true, does get affected with panic.

Andrea

Old 08-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

they have an internet site which doesnt explain much about the program at all

a familiar problem with these programs is that the person expects that the way he got better is the only way for every else to get better, also usually that his symptoms and problems are the only proper problems to have

IMO the first thing to do is build up a collection of agoraphobia and panic disorder recovery books, these are cheap and will have all the info thats in the more expensive programs

the fact that linden and so many ex sufferers feel the need to make available recovery programs, suggests that ordinary medicine is still not offering effective treatment for the problems

Old 08-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
    coolmf

coolmf HB User

I have a friend who tried 5 essential ways to feel better fast with Lucinda Basset and I listened to some of the tapes. He did the whole program and he's still having the same problem. If you want to look it up its on the Midwest Center website I believe or just search Lucinda basset on a search engine.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #6
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I think the best method, really I do cause I've read it is Bad Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
    usmc75
    (male)

usmc75 HB User

i have tried the linden method !!!!!! it worked great for a while. actually it worked too well because i thought that i had my anxiety beaten so i quit applying the the things that i learned and stopped listening to the relaxation cds and within two weeks my panic attacks came back as strong as ever. i think the real trick to dealing with anxiety and panic attacks is to pick one method and stick with it. you have to really believe that it will work for you. i have tried many different techniques on dealing with anxiety and they all have their good and bad aspects. but to answer your question about the linden method i would say it was the best overall and definately worth the money

Old 08-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #8
    dizzygirl916

dizzygirl916 HB User

I also tried the linden method and it did work for a while, but then it came back. I am in CBT and that seems to be helping more than anything. It is better to be able to talk things out with someone and have them help you. The linden method is good, but it doenst give you any more information then what you can get any where else.

Old 08-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #9
    GrizzlyMike

GrizzlyMike HB User

Although I can't speak from firts-hand experience I have heard a couple of people in my anxiety/panic therapy group discuss the Linden method. It seems like the 2 people who had purchased the materials werent really that excited about it and one lady was downright upset. The comments were generally that the program was really an amalgamation of what is already available out there in books and through counseling and really isnt anything new.

Closed Thread