It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Klonopin question?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Klonopin question?

I have been on ,05 of Klonopin for over 9 years. My ps doc just gave me Buspar or I can up my Klonopin by 1/2 pill 2 x daily.
    What is the amount people on this board are taking daily and what is the maximum safe dose? I am having break thru panic and anxiety.
    Why can't this be easier!!
    THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
    mudhound
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mudhound HB User
    Re: Klonopin question?

That med most likly saved my wife life. She has BP and was way over the edge. It calmed her down a bit too much but it brought us thru that epesode.

Mudhound

Old 04-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mudhound
    That med most likly saved my wife life. She has BP and was way over the edge. It calmed her down a bit too much but it brought us thru that epesode.
    Hi MUDHOUND,
    Are you talking about the Klonopin. I know they use higher doses for BiPolar. What was her dosage?
    SO glad it worked for her. Does she still have to take it?

Old 04-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
    bondgrll
    (female)

bondgrll HB User

FusionQueen, if you have not done so already, you should try the Xanax XR (extended release) because you only take one in the morning and it lasts the entire day until the next morning...and I mean ZERO breakthrough anxiety and no side effects. This is a much longer lasting benzo than the regular Xanax and now even longer then Klonopin. I take 1 MG in the AM. It's worth a try...there really is no sedation because it's so well time released. IT's new on the market so not many Dr. know about it.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:05 AM   #5
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bondgrll
    FusionQueen, if you have not done so already, you should try the Xanax XR (extended release) because you only take one in the morning and it lasts the entire day until the next morning...and I mean ZERO breakthrough anxiety and no side effects. This is a much longer lasting benzo than the regular Xanax and now even longer then Klonopin. I take 1 MG in the AM. It's worth a try...there really is no sedation because it's so well time released. IT's new on the market so not many Dr. know about it.
    BondGrll
    Thanks for the advice, I tried this last year and thought I was going to die. I was dizzy, blurred vision, nausea.................basically I was going thru Klonopin withdrawl(I think) FINALLY after a week I took a Klonopin and I felt fine..............My Ps Doc is thinking maybe of adding this at night but I don't see it carrying into the next day as they say............My experience was horrible.....I am so happy it is working for you. Were you on a Benzo Before this one?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to fusionqueen
    I would up the klonapin and take it morning and noon, none at night unless you cant sleep
    I wouldnt expect the buspar to help much at all

klonapin is very helpful but best taken only as needed and not every day, hope your psych is encouraging you to learn CBT and relaxation

up to 1 mg a day is a midrange dose

Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #7
    kate444
    (female)

kate444 HB User

Hi Fasion Queen..

I am going through the same thing from switching from Klonopin to Xanax XR...It has truly been horrible. I think the problem is that I did not tritrate off of the Klonopin I just did a direct crossover to the Xanax XR. Klonopin has a half life of about 30 to 40 hrs but the Xanax Xr is only 10 to 17 hours. I just reinstated the Klonopin this morning...and I hope I feel better. I am on 2mg of Klonopin. .5mg in the morning .5mg in the afternoon and 1mg at night. You could do something like that. The draw back is that you may eventually hit tolerance again...just as I have...but at this point the only thing for me to do is taper off the Klonopin and on to Valium and taper off the Valium...been there before and it is a long hard process. If you are not ready for that now you can spread out the Klonopin morning, noon and night. It really should work for a few more years before you hit tolerance....

I wish you the best,
    Kate

Old 04-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
    Josie's Momma
    (female)

Josie's Momma HB User

Hi all. I am on 4mg Klonipin daily. I take one in the morning, on in the afternoon and two at night of the 1mg dose. I am also bipolar so that could explain the higher dosage.
    Jut my 2 cents.

Closed Thread