It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Xanax For Panics From Physical Disabilities

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
    Hope25
    Veteran
    (female)

Hope25 HB User
    Xanax For Panics From Physical Disabilities

I've suffered from a very mild case of CP and I find that as a result of my problem, I'm really tensing up in places where I am in the middle of a huge crowd of people.

I've been reading up on Xanax and I have read that those who suffer from physical disabilities etc have a chemical imbalance so to speak, and medication such as Xanax helps balance things out.

I currently don't have health insurance. However, I can afford to go to doctors and pay for medical care.

My ques is, how did I tell a doctor tht I want to try this medication for my panic attacks? Who can I go see? And do these pills have expiration dates? B/c I would only use them in times of need, like social functions etc...any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: Xanax For Panics From Physical Disabilities

Please don't take xanax.........it's VERY addictive.....and not a good drug to take. There are alternative meds that work just as well that are NOT addictve...........

Old 08-04-2005, 03:55 AM   #3
    Graciecat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
    Re: Xanax For Panics From Physical Disabilities

Hi,

Some people do become dependent on or tolorant to Xanax, but not everyone does.
    I took it at a very low dose for a long time, I never upped the dose never felt the need to and when I didn't have panic or anxiety problems any more I weaned off of it with no trouble at all.
    But just a word of warning, don't go in asking for any benzo by name, it raises a red flag with some Doctors...because like I said above...some people do have problems with it.
    If you'd like to try a benzo, saying that you don't want anything that you have to take everyday and would rather have something to take as needed would probably be the better approach.

I went to my GP for my panic attacks and as far as how long the pills are good for, I believe it's one year...I could be wrong on that though...also if they're kept in a warm place some say that causes them to not work as well.
    Also you can't drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you're on it.

Last edited by Graciecat; 08-04-2005 at 03:59 AM.

Closed Thread