It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Ativan withdrawal or wellbutrin side effect?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
    LynneJW
    (female)

LynneJW HB User
    Ativan withdrawal or wellbutrin side effect?

I have been taking ativan on an as-needed basis for the past 8 years or so, and for me as-needed means on average, 1/4mg every 3-4 days, sometimes more, sometimes less (During my pregnancies, I obviously took none). I had a very stressful summer and would somtimes take it daily, up to but never exceeding 1 1/2 mg. I have been on wellbutrin for the past year at 100mg once a day, but this was increased about a month ago to 150mg once a day. The wellbutrin gets rid of the obsessive thoughts I have about my anxiety and panic attacks and I take the ativan when I am having an actual panic episode.
    For the past week or so, I have been feeling light headed, dizzy, mild headache, and generally spacey, similar to the sensations I had when I quit paxil after 7 years. After around 6 days of increasing symptoms, I realized I had not taken any ativan for about a week. I took 1/4mg and my symptoms went away. I'm not sure if that's because my symptoms were anxiety related and the ativan calmed me down, or that I was having some kind of withdrawal. I feel yucky today, but if this is withdrawal, then I want to ride it out, I don't want to be dependant on the ativan.
    The only other thing I could think of, is the increase in wellbutrin, but I increased my dose a month ago, and the symptoms only started last week. I know that dizziness is a very common side effect, but from my experience on these drugs (paxil and prozac as well) is that I felt bad for the first few weeks until my body adjusted, and then all the side effects went away.
    Thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Ativan withdrawal or wellbutrin side effect?

doubt it was from the ativan, a middle ear problem perhaps

Closed Thread