It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Zoloft Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
    andrewdoan

andrewdoan HB User
    Zoloft Question

Help! anyone. I took 25mg Zoloft for three days and developed headache and sometimes half of my body was cold the other half was warm. I stopped cold turkey after 3 days trial. The fourth days, I woke up with the heat sensation all over my body and the " heat sensation" did not go away. It gets hotter everyday. I cannot handle warm temperature. My Dr. ordered thyroid MRI, Abdomen MrI, Adreal gland Mri. All comes out negative. What's went wrong? Pleaze help. Thank you.

Last edited by msmod; 12-05-2005 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Please always start your own thread to ask your questions. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
    YouKnowYou

YouKnowYou HB User
    Re: Zoloft Question

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewdoan
    Help! anyone. I took 25mg Zoloft for three days and developed headache and sometimes half of my body was cold the other half was warm. I stopped cold turkey after 3 days trial. The fourth days, I woke up with the heat sensation all over my body and the " heat sensation" did not go away. It gets hotter everyday. I cannot handle warm temperature. My Dr. ordered thyroid MRI, Abdomen MrI, Adreal gland Mri. All comes out negative. What's went wrong? Pleaze help. Thank you.
    You are just having panic attacks. I same thing happened to me in the beginning....I would say you should have stuck with the med. Its one of many different sensations and side effects one might get from a med like Zoloft. I too cannot stand heat, it freaks me out, thinking I won't cool off again. You just need to push yourself out of your comfort zone and do stuff which makes you hot etc. You need to teach yourself that these are feelings that are normal, and that WE are special, since most of us have what is called body vigilance....Always checking our bodys for the worst.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
    nuttyprof.
    (male)

nuttyprof. HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowYou
    You are just having panic attacks. I same thing happened to me in the beginning....I would say you should have stuck with the med. Its one of many different sensations and side effects one might get from a med like Zoloft. I too cannot stand heat, it freaks me out, thinking I won't cool off again. You just need to push yourself out of your comfort zone and do stuff which makes you hot etc. You need to teach yourself that these are feelings that are normal, and that WE are special, since most of us have what is called body vigilance....Always checking our bodys for the worst.
    I agree and disagree. Yes, i agree you are probably just having panic attacks. All of those symtoms happened to me very badly when i was taking Prozac in which i also stopped. I'm on Zoloft now. Also, antidepressants tend to make panic worse when first taken. The anitpanic effect does not kick in usually until after about 5 weeks. A good suggestion is too take a benzodiazepine at a low dose until the Zoloft starts working and then you can taper off the benzo.

I'm also getting off the Zoloft very soon. Not because of the side effects, but because it is ineffective. It does help for many panic sufferers though, it just takes some time.

I'm not too sure that the panic disorder symtoms are normal though. In my experience with this disorder for the past five years, it seems my thinking and behavioral patterns are more pathological and irrational.

Last edited by nuttyprof.; 12-07-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
    aurora555
    (female)

aurora555 HB User

Oh God, Zoloft really screwed me up! I took it for maybe 4 months when I was 14, made my anxiety attacks more frequent and severe and I got really bad headaches. I talked to my doctor and he put me on paxil.

Now zoloft has been taken off the market in Canada. I'd talk to your doctor before making any decisions

Old 12-14-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
    nuttyprof.
    (male)

nuttyprof. HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aurora555
    Oh God, Zoloft really screwed me up! I took it for maybe 4 months when I was 14, made my anxiety attacks more frequent and severe and I got really bad headaches. I talked to my doctor and he put me on paxil.

Now zoloft has been taken off the market in Canada. I'd talk to your doctor before making any decisions
    Do you know why Zoloft was taken off the market in Canada?

Old 12-31-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
    Irish_Eyes1980
    (female)

Irish_Eyes1980 HB User

I live in Canada and I take Zoloft, who told you it was taken off the market here? we have both the brand and generic. {REMOVED}

I don't know where you got your information from but it is not a very good source. I have found that the zoloft has help me a lot.
    Hopefully you have found a med that works for you, I know how frustrating it can be when you are having attacks and the meds aren't working!

Stay strong and good luck

Last edited by msmod; 12-31-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Please don't post your credentials . Thanks, Ms_Mod

Closed Thread