It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• chest pain lasting for days after a so called panic attack

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
    goodbye x abuse
    (female)

goodbye x abuse HB User
    chest pain lasting for days after a so called panic attack

well 2 days ago i was in my therapy session and out of nowhere my chest had these stabbing pains and my heart was pounding, i was breaking out in a cold sweat and i felt nauseous and dizzy and very short of breath and my heart was racing, my therapist just said calm down before you have a panic attack. so i calmed down and then i got up but after i started walking my legs got weak and i fell into the wall. now yesterday and today my whole left side still has stabbing pains, the same exact kinds that happened to me in therapy. could this be still ongoing from a panic attack or something else because i herd that some heart attacks could go un noticed for days and i researched heart attacks and most of my symptoms were symptoms of heart attacks and i dont know what to do so any information would be helpful thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
    V_dubgurl
    Veteran
    (female)

V_dubgurl HB User
    Re: chest pain lasting for days after a so called panic attack

I have been dealing with these for the past few months. I would say get them checked out for your own peace of mind. Stress causes chest pains and stressing about them dosen't make them go away. Your probably fine but get to a doctor and let him know your concerns about them to ease your mind. There annoying and scary I know. Mine came out of the blue about a months after I had a huge panic attack. It takes a few weeks for the adrenaline to leave your body so hang in there.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
    dreamingdenali
    (female)

dreamingdenali HB User

Hi. I have chest pains almost every day. I've had them checked out and have been told that it's just because of stress and they may never go away. It's usually just throbbing pain but sometimes it really hurts. I guess there's nothing to do. I was taking Maalox and Zantac for a long time because I thought it had something to do with my stomach problems but it ended up just being from the severity and frequency of the panic attacks. It's scary when it lasts for so long afterwards. I know how you feel. As the other response suggested though, you could get it checked out. Chest pains, like most symptoms of panic disorder, can be caused by a lot of things. I would think that it's just from stress.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to goodbye
    do see a doc about it

Closed Thread