It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Paxil and Xanax Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
    rootcanalqueen
    (female)

rootcanalqueen HB User
    Paxil and Xanax Question

I've recently separated from my husband and was very distraught, so the doctor prescribed me xanax (0.25mg 2Xdaily) and Paxil. I was on Paxil before and it helped me tremendously.
    The day I started Paxil, I started having panic. I truly believe it's related to other things, besides the paxil. I had an extremely stressful day, more so than usual. And it seems once you get that first panic, it keeps on and on.
    I had issues with panic attacks once before and that was for a month, right before my wedding. So, I'm sure this is related to my marital situation.
    But, it's everyday all day long. It starts out really bad in the mornings. And it gets better, but blows up again when I lie down.
    I thought paxil was rx'd for panic disorder, so it shouldn't have caused them, right?
    Question for xanax users....I'm worried about taking too much and the doctor getting suspicious, since it is a scheduled drug. I did call my doctor and told her that I started having panic attacks and was upping my dose to a total of 1-1.5 mg per day instead of my prescribed .50 mg. I know I will run out too soon, and I do NOT want to be stuck with nothing to help.
    What is the normal prescribing amount for panic attacks? I'm getting ready to make a HUGE change and I'm hoping once that is done, they will stop. But until then, I cannot deal with the symptoms. The xanax helps alot, but it's still there. The nervousness and heart racing and the "I'm going to jump out of my skin" feelings. I feel like I'm rendered motionless and all I can do is lie down, which prob. makes it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread