It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Update on Sea Salt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
    tgrose
    (female)

tgrose HB User
    Update on Sea Salt

Sorry to disappoint but i don't notice any difference at all from the sea salt. It tastes great and I've pretty much switched over from regular salt altogether, but I don't think it helps with any panic symptoms at all. I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

ps. Yes, for those of you wondering, it is natural, grey sea salt from France. Very good stuff, very grey very wet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User
    Re: Update on Sea Salt

I'm sorry you haven't noticed a difference yet tgrose. May I ask how much you're taking per day? It takes longer for some people to notice anything, due to how long they've been having panic attacks. Are you still going to take the salt anyway? If I were you, I'd try it for another 2 weeks.

You should've at least noticed something, because there's over 80 mineral elements in it that your body needs. Maybe if you keep going it might pick up.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
    tgrose
    (female)

tgrose HB User

I would say, total, I'm getting at least 1/4th tsp a day; more when I cook with it. As I said, I've pretty much switched over to just using the grey salt, even in cooking and sprinkling on food.

I'm keeping it no matter if I notice a difference or not. I know it's better for you. I also like the way it makes food taste.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
    CalistaBear
    (female)

CalistaBear HB User

I've been seeing improvement with the sea salt. It actually makes me feel really good during the day and I don't have such a hard time falling asleep anymore. I use it in my cooking too, and I threw out the old table salt! It makes the water taste very soft which I like. I used to feel quite dizzy in the mornings but that has stopped. I know my symptoms are from lack of sleep though, I start to feel terrible through out the day which leads to a panic. It has calmed right down now.

I will always be taking the salt, nothing has worked better in the past and it tastes really good.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

Be very careful with sea salt. Most of it is high in sodium and contains no iodine which is essential to our health.

I did not know this or even think about it.

I used it for about a year. I thought I was doing something good and natural for my health.

After using it for a year I had horrible spell of almost fainting and horrible hot flashes - got to the doctor and was diagnosed with high blood pressure and low thyroid.

My thyroid had stopped producing iodine and I was not getting any from salt. My blood pressure problem was being compounded by the high sodium in the sea salt. When I got to doctor bp was 170/101.

Be very careful in using it. I tossed it out.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

Barbara_Ann...you must have been using the wrong kind. This is the highest quality of sea salt and it's completely different than table salt, or any of those so called sea salt's you buy in regular stores. This sea salt cures a lot of things, including high bood pressure and thyroid problems with over 80 important mineral elements. The sodium you're reffering to is the "bad" kind found in table salt. There is also high quality iodine in this salt. It's also wise to take extra iodine too, maybe a multivitamin. This salt balances everything that's wrong with the body. It's also saved a lot of lives. The water cure guy (don't think I'm allowed to say his name here) says that if anyone can prove that this salt is bad in any way, he'll grant you $50K. But let me tell you, you were simply taking the wrong kind, I promise you that.

This high quality natural sea salt (originally from France) but you can get it online, cannot hurt anybody. But of course an overdose is not a good idea..because the body only needs a certain amount of salt to keep it level. Find my older post and read the info there, buy some and try it. You'll love it.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

Where can I purchase this salt that you're talking about. I'm very game.

Last edited by msmod; 12-07-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Old 12-18-2006, 04:32 AM   #8
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Back on the sea salt and I feel so much better. I went to my doctor with the sea salt and my vitamins and had him review what I was on and he was all for it. We actually filled out a questionaire based on how I was feeling and what my syptoms are and when I go back in a month we will fill out again. I'm not sure why this is working but it does for me.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #9
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

I just ordered a 5LB bag of Sel Gris De Guerande - by Le Tresor (fine). It takes a few days to arrive, but I am really looking forward to it! I am having my fingers crossed that it will help me.

Thanks for the advice! I will keep you posted.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #10
    onecent42
    (female)

onecent42 HB User

i use the sea salt, you must also drink water with it, half your body weight in ounces, if you weigh 120 lbs, you must drink 60 oz of water with the use of the salt, or if you weigh 300lbs, you must drink 150 oz of water, if you do this, you wont have high blood pressure, panic will go away, you can lose weight, it has a whole list of positives!! also, you need kelp, to supplement this so you can get the iodine you need, you can get kelp at health food stores. & with each quart of water you drink, you use a 1/4 tsp of the salt, either mixed with the water or sprinkled on your food.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
    jete23
    (female)

jete23 HB User

About how much does it cost and where do you get-can it be bought in a healthfood store?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #12
    ozinpanic
    (female)

ozinpanic HB User

Is There Some Aussie Out There That Can Convert To Litres. I Tried And It Worked Out To 1/4tsp Of Salt For 2 Litres Of Water???? This Is So Different To Bev92 Suggesting 1/4tsp For 1 Cup Of Water. Many Thanks In Advance.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 AM   #13
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

jete23 ..I've mentioned this already in my other post. But, no it isn't the best idea to get it at your health food store as they don't usually carry the real kind, even though it says sea salt. This is special from France. You can always go and see if they carry any at your local store, look for a French name, make sure the salt is fine with a moist texture and a slight tint of grey. Also make sure it has around 80 mineral elements in it. It is not expensive at all online.

Last edited by Bev92; 12-20-2006 at 02:27 AM.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:14 AM   #14
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Are we using enough water with this? I use a pinch in an 8 ounce glass.

I love this stuff

Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #15
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

j2006...yep, I just use a pinch in 8 ounce glass too and it's perfect. It doesn't really matter how much water is used I don't think, but 8 ounce should be the minimum anyway, recommended. And a pinch is just great. I love it too

Closed Thread