It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Has anyone tried "the Linden Method" for Panic Disorder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User
    Has anyone tried "the Linden Method" for Panic Disorder?

Has anyone on this board tried the Linden Method? A friend of mine recommended this, but I am not sure if it works so I haven't ordered it. Any ideas???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried "the Linden Method" for Panic Disorder?

Love it and it worked very quickly for me. there is 12 month money back policy too. Get it you will not regret it.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

Thanks a lot Jane! I will get it today.

PS. Did you notice an instant difference/improvement? Or how long did it start to work for you? You are still on med, right? Do you think you can go off the med and rely only on this method?

I am not on any med, and my panic attacks are gone so far. I only get anxious and depressed, and have some disturbing thoughts from time to time. So I was wondering if this Linden Method would help...

Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I am still on Celexa. Not feeling that great on it any more. I have a doctor's appt next week and I am going to talk to him about getting off of it.

I noticed a difference in a day or two. First you are to read the booklet, which I did it one night. Then you use his visualization tapes which are awsome. Since I started the tapes I have felt good. I mostly suffer from the bad thoughts. These are pretty much gone. I also have a bit of depersonalization; which is started to get better. Meaning I don't have it 24/7. Only from time to time.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

Thank you Jane. That sounds great! I ordered and downloaded it last night, and have just started reading the manual. Haven't listened to the CDs yet.

Btw, did you have depression along with the anxiety/panic disorder? Whenever I get anxious, I seem to be very depressed as well---kind of feeling very exhausted and lose interest in everything, and don't know the meaning of life anymore... This sort of thoughts. My mood also swing a lot, and cry very easily. Did you have similar thoughts, and did the method help you get rid of them?

I know the method suggests that we shouldn't discuss our symptoms, but I am just very curious if there are other people out there who have the same thought as I do.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I did have depression. Very much so. I think the Linden Method helped me with that. Celexa I am sure helped a bit but I use the tapes every day and I think that the program has helped more than Celexa.

I'm glad your giving it a try. You will love it I am sure.

The one thing that I stopped doing was going on the internet trying to diagnose myself. I was driving myself craxy! I have accepted the fact that I have panic. And that I will have some weird sensations sometimes but as he said they are just sensations.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

It makes a lot of sense. On the first day of reading the manual, I have already learned to leave my sensations behind and not to worry about every little thing I feel in my body. So it definitely is helping.

You are right. The less we talk, think or research about our "symptoms", the more we will feel like normal. I will stop here (hopefully) and start studying the Linden Method.

Again, thank you a lot for your help! Good luck to you!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Let me know if you need anything. I am here

Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

Thank you Jane! Your words are very, very helpful!

I listened to the tapes last night, and this morning I felt refreshed and relaxed! I did the Tai Chi exercises this morning (in front of my light box actually and it felt great), took the subway by myself to work and it was fine. I just kept playing that visualization thing in my head, and it is so relaxing! I also bought chamomile tea as Linden suggested, and drink 3-5 cups a day (I drink the last cup with dinner, but before 8PM so I don't have to get up at night to the bathroom so often). It helps my sleep for sure! I love everything about this method!

PS. Last night after the visualization tape, I found myself sending emails to my friends, asking if they would like to join me to a salsa club! It would be really hard to imagine before!

PS. Are you still taking the sea salt and are you feeling any difference from it? I am on it for a week now but haven't noticed much... Maybe it is helping me slowing and I just can't notice it since it is so subtle?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Good for you!!!! I bought the tea as well and I love that too. I couldn't belive the change in me so quickly. I am so happy for you. I had to stop the sea salt for bit.... my doctor thought that might be contributing the fogginess I am experiencing. He also had me stop my vitamins for while for the same reason. I now can tell the difference that I am not taking the sea salt. You won't notice a quick change at all. It took me over a month to feel a bit of a diff. It actually made me lose weight. I slept so much better as well!

Isn't it refreshing when you start to make positive changes, ie: wanting to take dance lessons. It really keeps you motivated!

Let me know how you are doing!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #11
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

I think I will stop taking sea salt as well----it may be the one that makes me dizzy these days. I may be taking too much salt since I also use it in my cooking. I will only use it for cooking from now on, and maybe one pinch with a glass of water once a week instead of every morning. It has also helped me lose weight.

Yes the Linden Method is a miracle. I am so glad to hear that it also makes you feel so much better and more positive! It is amazing such a simple method could help us so fast and so effectively. I bought an IPOD today so I can listen to the tapes whenever I want. I found it very relaxing, so I want to listen to it even when I am not in an anxious mood.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing with the salt, the method, and the medication as well. Did you get the light box by the way?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I didn't get the light but did you notice that the linden method suggest the light box.

that will be my next purchase. Also, let me know if you were abole to ******** the CD's to your IPOD.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #13
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

Dear Jane,

Yes I was able to ******** the CDs onto my ipod. You first have to ******** itunes (free software ******** from apple), then you can burn your CDs onto itunes and then you ipod. I now listen to the relaxation exercises anywhere I want---mostly in bed before I go to sleep, and in the morning before I get up. It is great!! You can get the very small ipod (ipod shuffle) for only $79 now, which is well worth it! I also turn the exercise on whenever I feel a little anxious and panicky, and it immediately calms me down.

How are you doing with the medication? Did you get off it yet? I think I am 80% cured by now---the rest 20% is mostly my mild depression and not being able to find a hobby to divert my thoughts yet. Once I get that part going, I am sure I will return to normal again.

How about you? Would love to hear abour your progress.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #14
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I went to the Dr. yesterday and he is taking me off of the Celexa. I dropped to 20mg this week, 10 next and then off. He did have a back up plan in case I am out of my mind with withdrawls and or axiety. Prazac. But he wants to see how my body is without medication. Basically start over.

I have been using the Linden tapes alot lately. i just love them. He really has made an impact on me and how i am coping with all of this. Isn't it wonderful!!! To think I suffered really hard for a year until him!

Actually, now that I am coming off of the celexa this will be a real teat on how I am managing.

Keep me posted on how you are doing?

I need to get back on the sea salt I think. I have put on 20 lbs from celexa and it is gross. Plus I would love to start my vitamins again. They were awesome. They are called "Good Days:. Have you heard of them. It makes me get a great night sleep.

I picked up crochet and knitting. I think I made 100 scarfs and blankets.

Last edited by j2006; 01-09-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #15
    qingche
    (female)

qingche HB User

Wow 100 scarfs? How long have you been knitting? I heard knitting is an excellent way to relax! Right now I am doing Tai Chi and breathing exercises introduced in Linden's DVD, everyday, twice a day, and I am going to the gym at least 4 times a week. I have also made travel plans, one trip a month---I have always loved traveling. It makes me energetic and gives me positive thoughts about life.

As for sea salt, I went w/o it for a few days but went back on. Now I am taking it every two days. I use Linden's tapes a lot too, twice a day normally. I am feeling very good now---except mild depression here and there, but I think it is associated with the winter thing since you can't really do much when it is so cold out.

How are you doing? Are you taking Prozac? I heard it works very well on depression, but may make people gain weight. I haven't heard about the vitamins you are taking. I am only taking regular multi vitamins and omega-3 fish oil. I usually don't have problems with sleeping, so I only drink chamomile tea, nothing else.

Closed Thread