It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Lexapro and Zoloft Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
    Northerone
    (male)

Northerone HB User
    Lexapro and Zoloft Help

I've been diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder with agorophobia. I've been on zoloft on and off for over year. I was just switched to lexapro . I had taken my first dose of lexapro about a week after my last zoloft dose. My zoloft dose was 75-100 mg and Lexapro was 5 mg. The night after my first lexapro dose i had really bad anxiety and panic attacks. I've only take 2 doses of leaxpro thus far but since ive been on it Im extemely nervous and on edge. I had an ER visit and they were unsure if It was a reaction to the lexapro or If I was having withdrawal from the zoloft. Is it still possible to get withdrawal from the zoloft even tho I had switched to a similar medication? I skipped my lexapro dose last night which would of been the 3rd dose because Im no longer going to take it. I would like to go back on the zoloft. I understand no1 is a physician and my physician is a pain to get in touch with and we normally go with what I think is best. Should I go back on the zoloft right away to alleviate the possible withdrawl? Or would there be some kind of reaction with the lexapro that i took just for the past two days? I would love to get back on the zoloft so the sooner the better I just dont want it to interact or make matters worse because of the lexapro. If it is withdrawal would taking the zoloft take away the symptoms right way ? Thanks for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
    ocdengineer
    Inactive
    (male)

ocdengineer HB User
    Re: Lexapro and Zoloft Help

I am pretty sure that each med has its own set of side effects to deal with, so it is possible that the Lexapro could be the problem. Also, I have not read a lot of good reviews on the Lexapro since I have been on this board. Nobody has fond that it helped enough to consider themselves in remission. However, if the Zoloft worked, why did you quit? If you find a drug then you should stick with it. I would definitely suggest you get back to what works and talk with your doctor.

Take care,
    OE

Closed Thread