It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• derealization & lexapro & stuff PLEASE READ AND HELP!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
    honeydew310
    (female)

honeydew310 HB User
    derealization & lexapro & stuff PLEASE READ AND HELP!!

Hi, I've been on lexapro for about 3 .. and the other week i was having realllly vivid dreams, they felt extremely real and they felt long and had a lot of detail, but yet they were really weird and full of random things and they were rather annoying, and when I would wake up I would have deja-vu later on in the day and think "when did that happen?!" and then I would think back and realize it was a dream. Wow that all sounds weird but I was wondering, is this like a side effect of lexapro? I'm taking a pretty low dose but I'm rather sensative to pills in the way that they always seem to affect me, even in a small dosage.

I also am experiencing derealization now, at times, and having these vivid dreams are making it worse because I "feel like I'm in a dream" when I'm in normal life, and I always feel as if I'm going to "wake up". It's freaky and annoying, and sometimes I just feel really disoriented, like I'm concentrating on something and then I space out and feel completely confused, like I can't put together what happened before.

When I first started taking the Lexapro (in the first week or so..) I felt dizzy, tired, cloudy-headed, drowsy, and rather trance-like, a description sort of like someone would have if they were stoned, but after about the second week of being on it the symptoms became lesser. I still have panicky moments, and small bouts of anxious thoughts, but the Lexapro has taken away some of the things I have.

I do still get derealization, and once I got depersonalization, (it's so scary!!!)

I also take Clonopin when I feel really anxious, I take it during the day, as opposed to Lexapro, which I take at night.

DOES ANYONE ELSE EVER GET THIS? HAS ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCED DEREALIZATION OR DEPERSONALIZATION? PLEASE SHARE/HELP!!

~~thanks**

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
    RIGIRL
    (female)

RIGIRL HB User
    Re: derealization & lexapro & stuff PLEASE READ AND HELP!!

I Use To Take It And I Got Very Vivid Dreams Too. Its Normal.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #3
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User
    Re: derealization & lexapro & stuff PLEASE READ AND HELP!!

Derealization is part of anxiety. Look on the anxiety board for some threads on this. It is very helpful.

I have been dealing with it for over a year now. I have this "drunk" feeling. Like I am ina dream.

Closed Thread