It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• has anyone ever tried busbar for panic and if so how well does it work ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #1
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    Question has anyone ever tried busbar for panic and if so how well does it work ??

hi everyone im just wondering about busbar for panic disorder i currently take 1 mg of xanax (generic) but i hear busbar is suppose to be better can any of you on the boards give me some information about this which is better xanax or busbar im not addicted to xanax but my dr told me that busbar would be better for me any advice on this would be so helpfull and also how long does it take to work i heard you have to take it for a few weeks before you get the effects from it and also are there any side effects and will it help me sleep at night i take a xanax at bedtime for sleep i also have hypo thyrold so anyone at all can you tell me anything about this.
    thanks vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
    tcarolinewych
    (female)

tcarolinewych HB User
    Re: has anyone ever tried busbar for panic and if so how well does it work ??

Hi Vicki

{REMOVED} Buspar is used in alot of the geriatric population believe it or not for depression as opposed to anxiety....however they do work hand in hand. I have never used this before and am not a big fan of prescription meds but in all honesty.......I've been told that those patients on the Buspar responded much quicker and in a more positive way than the xanax. It may be worth you looking into ...at least talk to your doctor about it first okay? Good luck and let us know what happens.

caroline

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-07-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Read the posting rules as well as all "Sticky" posts at the top of this board. Ms_Mod

Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
    vickie45
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
    Re: has anyone ever tried busbar for panic and if so how well does it work ??

thanks my dr is the one who suggested busbar for me .so i will see him again in oct and i'll find out i dont get much anxiety i mainly have the panic i did have depression its gone see im hypo thyrold and my dr told me thats what was causeing my deep deep depression see i suffered over a yr with hypo thyrold because a dr i WAS seeing refused to test my thyrold so he finally sent me to a psychiatrist because i told him id rather die then live this way well the psychiatrist found my tsh at 8.45 im doing good now not 100% but somewhat better i have severe panic disorder i have falling down spells from mine whenever i leave my house i dont drive because of it .
    thanks vickie

Closed Thread