It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• why do i feel like i am going to die

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
    Outlaw1974
    (female)

Outlaw1974 HB User
    why do i feel like i am going to die

I am glad I found this site. I have been feeling so alone with this panic and anxiety attacks. I always feeling like I am going to die every minute of the day. It is constantly on my mind until I can fall asleep and then when I wake up its on my mind again. I cant travel with my husband and kids anymore because I have attacks while he is driving. I feeling like I am choking or cant breathe. I get so nervous when I know we are leaving. I prefer staying home all the time. The doctor has given me Klonopin but I still feel like I am going to die every second.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
    gxpark1234
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gxpark1234 HB User
    Re: why do i feel like i am going to die

i know exactly how u feel.. i would be happy to talk to you about this..

Last edited by moderator2; 01-02-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: please do not ask members to post against the rules - please read our rules - click "posting policy" above

Old 01-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
    Outlaw1974
    (female)

Outlaw1974 HB User

I would love to talk to you about this situation also. This is a horrible feeling.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
    WhiskeyGirl
    (female)

WhiskeyGirl HB User

Ohhh I can so relate to what your going through I am the same exact way. I swear every day is going to be my last.
    I hate to travel far from home becasue I don't know where the closest hospital is. It's a awful way to feel.
    If you wanna talk I am here.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
    anders15
    (male)

anders15 HB User

I am the same exact way. I have GAD and panic disorder but with the Klonopin my panic attacks have subsided. The thing is, I go to ALL these doctor's and they say that I am fine, and I tell them no I have some kind of illness, there's no way I can feel this horrible and have a clean slate of health, and they say you are a very healthy 17 yr. old. I on the other had tell them how I know I am dying and they look at me like I am foolish. I wish there were a test that outruled every kind of disease possible so maybe I could ease my mind. I don't know if that would even help anymore though. I worry, worry, worry, day in and day out that I am going to die. I am an athlete who is going to college for athletics, but my anxiety is keeping me away from what I love doing the most. I feel as if I will die on the court or football field, then when I get home, I feel the same way. I can't fight it either.

Last edited by msmod; 01-08-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
    Outlaw1974
    (female)

Outlaw1974 HB User

I am so glad to meet someone who goes through what I am going through. OMG I am the exact same way when I am travel I am looking to see if a hospital is near. The doctor has now put me on Lexapro along with my Klonopin. Doesnt help he must strengthen the dosage. Thank you for responding. I am here if you need to talk.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
    Outlaw1974
    (female)

Outlaw1974 HB User

I know exactly what you are going through. My panic attacks have yet to subside. I cant fight it either. I try by talking on the phone watching tv but it seems to get stonger. I am here to talk.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
    roopster77
    (male)

roopster77 HB User

The good news is that there is hope. I was diagnosed with GAD and agoraphobia with panic attacks that ended me up in an ambulance more times than I can remember. 6 years later, with psychotherapy and medication, most of it is manageable. I found distracting myself didn't work. and I was very sad too. I have a family and felt I was letting them all down. I passed a few milestones that helped me with my fear of dying, but the biggest help was simply talking about it and learning everything I could. Information is so helpful. Read all you can, talk to professionals if you can. Also, remember there are people just like you with the same problem - they can understand what you are going through. It is very tough for others who haven't been through what you are going through to comprehend any of this...

Old 01-20-2008, 04:10 AM   #9
    luvmybabies2
    (female)

luvmybabies2 HB User
    Unhappy Re: why do i feel like i am going to die

Oh my gosh, I have the exact same thing. But I am 35 years old and have never suffered from anything like this before. So I ended up in the Emergency Room last night. They said that I was having a panic attack, even though I told them it felt like I was drying or having a heart attack.
    They gave me Ativan and sent me home, now I am falling all over the place, so drugged up, head feeling heavy, and no motivation to clean or to take care of my own children, just very tired and zombie like, I don't know what to do about this, this is just really scary and I can't take it much longer.

Last edited by msmod; 01-20-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
    tammy41
    (female)

tammy41 HB User

For the last four years I have suffered from panic attacks. I go through phases. The worst is when I am driving which creates a whole domino affect. However, klonepin has been by far the best medication for me. I am fine right now and haven't had to take it for about a month or so, but other meds did not help. Ativan included. Look at what is going on in your life and usually that is a good indicator as to why you are experiencing attacks. Most of the time, it is life and things going on in the present. Therapy was helpful to me - An anti depressant with klonepin can be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
    Krikket32
    (female)

Krikket32 HB User

Hi
    I was doing a search of "why I feel like I am going to die" and I found your post, so I joined this site just to have people to talk to. I had my first panic attack(or so they say) on Nov 1st, 07. I have felt every second of everyday since then that I am going to die. I have 4 kids and I am terrified that one day I will just collapse and die. This has gotton so bad , I have been writing goodbye letters to my kids. Please help..please tell me im not the only one who goes through this.

Last edited by Krikket32; 01-30-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Krikket. and others... you are not alone and you will not die!! Keep those words in your head. Panic is a horrible disorder and it is very natural to think you are dying. I went through the same thing 23 years ago and here I am speaking to you now. I raised 3 kids while I had panic attacks. There were bad times and good times. The right medication will help a lot. You might need to experiment with some different ones before you find something that works for you. Speak to a therapist. Don't let this panic get to you. Although it may not seem it but You are in control. Block those thoughts anyway you can. Concentrate on your children. Laugh and play games with them. Believe me..it will work out. God Bless Linda
    PS. Always post when you feel like it. There is always someone here to help you.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #13
    Outlaw1974
    (female)

Outlaw1974 HB User

I had my first panic attack when I was 21 and now I am 33. They werent that bad at first. They got worst as I got older. I feel like I am going to die every second of the day. I feel like my heart is just going to stop or my brain is going to forget to tell my lungs to breathe. I am on Lexapro and Klonopin. As long as I take the meds. I wont have a severe attack but the part about dying or something is going to happen is always in the back of my mind. I am glad that you joined this spread. I was looking for people to reach out because I was hoping I wasnt the only one with this. It is alot of people who go through this some worse than others. I pray to God to take this away but even if he dont I pray he gives me the strength and patience to make it through. People try to tell me its my nerves and my mind. Each day is a struggle and I hope and pray that you will also overcome this illness. Give Christ your burden and let him heal you. I was against taking maeds. at first because I thought I wasnt relying on God but it was explained to me that God is in everything and sick people need meds. It is a underlying cause for these panic attacks. I dont know what my are or maybe I just dont want to admit what it is. Please post again. I need people like you and me to make it through to.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #14
    luvmybabies2
    (female)

luvmybabies2 HB User
    Smile Re: why do i feel like i am going to die

Thank you, I am on medicines now that have taken away my "thinking that I am going to die". It crosses my mind once a day now versus a thousand times a day, it's still very hard raising my 2 young kids, but I manage somehow, day by day......
    Thanks Linda

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Linda_in_NJ View Post
    Krikket. and others... you are not alone and you will not die!! Keep those words in your head. Panic is a horrible disorder and it is very natural to think you are dying. I went through the same thing 23 years ago and here I am speaking to you now. I raised 3 kids while I had panic attacks. There were bad times and good times. The right medication will help a lot. You might need to experiment with some different ones before you find something that works for you. Speak to a therapist. Don't let this panic get to you. Although it may not seem it but You are in control. Block those thoughts anyway you can. Concentrate on your children. Laugh and play games with them. Believe me..it will work out. God Bless Linda
    PS. Always post when you feel like it. There is always someone here to help you.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
    Boston George
    (male)

Boston George HB User

I too am going through a tough time too. I have been to the ER 10 times over the last month, I swear that I have something wrong with my heart, and I feel like it's just going to stop and I'm going to collapse. I have had a EKG, ECHO-STRESS TEST, HOLTER MONITOR, and a lot of blood work, all came back negative. But I think to myself these world famous Harvard educated cardiologists must have missed something with me because I know I have something wrong with my heart. It's been so terrible for me, I feel like I should be in a mental hospital. I know exactly what all of you are going through and I am always willing to talk for any of you. Good luck

Closed Thread