It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• has hypnosis worked well for anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
    Socks33
    (female)

Socks33 HB User
    has hypnosis worked well for anyone?

I was diagnosed with panic many years ago and have had success with various medications. trouble is, the medication that seems to work best for me (avanza) is crippling me with the side effects. restless leg syndrome is by worst the side effect and it stops me sleeping. I've recently spoken to my doctor about possibly coming off medication and trying something new. he suggested hypnosis. my psych is experienced in this area.
    has anyone ever tried hypnosis to combat anxiety problems? what was your experience like?
    thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
    Re: has hypnosis worked well for anyone?

This is what I have been using fir about five years now. It is not an immediate thing. Slowly it will retrain your brains thought process. I went to professional at first and now I use two things springforest qijong(I love). You would need to search this on the net and audiobook hypnosis from iTunes and listen to it everyday ( try to). It is helpful I find I can calm down quicker. The springforest qijong is fantastic, you'll ache a little at first, but it's so relaxing and teaches you how to really focus and properly breathe. Then when you get a panic attack, you can pop in the music cd they give you and it's like your mind takes you back to when you did it at home and it is very calming. Then I carry Xanax just in case, cause it comforts me just to know if it gets out of hand I have it, by no means does that mean I would use it, but if necessary I could.I hope that helped you. I believe we taught our brains to over react somehow,or it just does it and we can talk or think our way out of it. good
    luck..it's even worth it on meds because it will help you relax.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
    EagleRiverDee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
    Re: has hypnosis worked well for anyone?

When I was 20 I had severe anxiety and panic attacks and I went to a hypnotist for a while and found it VERY helpful.

For one, hypnosis can be more relaxing than 20mg of Valium. I'm not kidding. It's amazing how relaxed you can get under hypnosis, and how alert you can feel afterward.

I use hypnosis applications now that I ******** to my phone. I listen to them at night before I go to sleep, and they help a lot.

You have all kinds of options available, depending on your level of comfort. A trained hypnotherapist can work a session around your individual needs, but there are also recordings you can listen to, particularly if your problem is common.

Closed Thread