It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• hyperinflation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
    angel444

angel444 HB User
    Post hyperinflation?

First panic attacke at 21yrs old
    Put into a private hospital for one month where they dopped me up with 14 tablets a day and made me feel like a Zombie, My sister and noel got me out of there after that i was on 3 serepax a day, then i went to Prince Heenry hospital and did a 2 week course on Cognitive Behaviour with Proffessor Gavin Andrews, i even went on television while i was in the 2 week course.We were followed everywhere by film crews and i made it into a tv program called Barriers of the mind. I was cut down to 1/2 a serepax 3 times a day then off, then 1998 back to one tablet at night. Now over these years i had trouble with my muscles in my chest, sholders, arm and legs they would go real tight amd my diaphram would spasm and i would have trouble talking, eating or drinking until i took a 1/2 serepax then those symptoms would relax. i was always air hungry and gasp and yawned a lot. Back then i was working with mental health (volanteer) and i was helping a lady who suffered from EMPHESEMIA and it was so horrible, i thought back then i had the dreaded disease but chest x-rays and spirometer results proved other wise.
    I've had this tight spasmed chest muscles for years like my diaphram squeezes my lungs, and now i've noticed since this thing with Marj and my hyper inflated lungs that my chest muscles seem to spasm if i breath from high up in my chest when im talking and i hold my body rigid and tight i even have trouble drinking or eating because of tight chest muscles, and my hands seem to tingle all day or get cold, once i take the serepax at night these feelings dissapear! So is it a lung problem, Hyperventalation and why do my muscles spasm and tighten expecially chest muscles so my voice cant seem to follow out properly, this is some kind of muscle problem , but after reading about obstructive airways disease i'm not so sure.
    My spirometer readings were excelent could be that my hands are so tingly because im holding my chest not tummy. Please enlighten me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread