It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• Zoloft and night sweats?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
    usul74

usul74 HB User
    Question Zoloft and night sweats?

Hello!

I've been using Zoloft now for three months, resulting in resounding success in preventing panic. However, since then, I've been experiencing severe night sweats. They're so bad that I usually have to change my clothes. I replaced the down comforter with something lighter, yet have had no change in the sweating.

The Doctor performed some blood tests to check renal and thyroid functions, with everything coming back normal. No fevers, swollen glands, or any classic indication of disease.

So now we're looking at Zoloft being the culprit, though the doctor appears skeptical that this is the cause. Personally, I would accept the sweats as a side-effect considering the benefit of no panic attacks, but I'd like to be sure. The doctor suggests weaning off of Zoloft to see if the sweats go away. I would prefer not to prove or disprove the theory by taking away my Zoloft safety net.

So, anyone experience night sweats while taking Zoloft?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
    munky

munky HB User
    i havent had night sweats.. but i do get sweaty hands and feet during the day..

i been taking zoloft for bout 2 weeks.. .25mg a day

btw.. how much do you take now.. and how much did you start on??

Old 01-21-2003, 03:27 AM   #3
    usul74

usul74 HB User
    I started on 25mg for two weeks, and then moved to 50 mg daily. I started feeling better after three weeks.

Closed Thread