It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Panic Disorders Message Board

• What does being in Xanax feel like?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
    requiemforadream
    (female)

requiemforadream HB User
    Question What does being in Xanax feel like?

I'd really like to try Xanax for my social anxiety disorder, but I have no experience w/ this sort of drug. Does it make you lethargic, or does it pep you up? Does it make you crave foods? Does it interfere w/ sleep patterns?

Kind of hoping I could get some info/feedback about this drug and others similar to it. Please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2003, 11:25 PM   #2
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User
    For me, Xanax makes me very sleepy & I usually only take it when my panic is very bad. Not on a daily basis. It leaves me shakey when it wears off.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:46 AM   #3
    Graciecat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
    Xanax worked great for me.
    Maybe the first two or three times I took it, I got a little tired, but after that I was fine.
    Didn't make me eat more or less, that stayed the same.
    I never got dizzy or shakey between doses.
    But like all drugs, what works for one, maynot work for someone else.

Old 10-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
    Hypnotic
    Veteran
    (female)

Hypnotic HB User
    Xanex is the best drug for panic disorders. It makes you feel sleepy and definetly calms you down when you are having a attack. Be careful tho, I know alot of people that have gotten addicted to this drug.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 AM   #5
    Tigre

Tigre HB User
    xanax calms you down. I take 1mg doses when needed for panic/anxiety and aggressive anger (i have PTSD and doc says the aggressive anger is from that as a result of a head injury) It works wonders for me...although i have noticed that ive needed higher doses..could be that im relying on it or my panic/anxiety and all is still not under complete control. I tried klonepin its less addictive but it made me nauseous and (sorry) chronic diarhea. I also had a dose of ativan in IV at hospital and that didnt do anything for me...so xanax is what helps me hte best. I get tired on it when its combined with my other meds (zoloft and keppra) but if i space them all at different times im ok..sometimes i cant though cuz you never know when panic or anxiety will hit. Take care and best of luck.

Tigre

Old 10-21-2003, 07:48 AM   #6
    GertieMae
    Inactive

GertieMae HB User
    Xanax is the only Drug been proven by the FDA to treat Panic Didorder(unless others have been proven).

When I took Xanax it calmed me...never made me feel sleepy,sick,dizzy etc.

Like Graciecat said,Xanax may work for some but not others.

Old 10-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #7
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    xanax dissolved under the tongue is fastest, until you get used to it, xanax can make you feel sleepy and drunk, if so, reduce the dose for a while

taken sensibly, its very useful and safe, anxiety sufferers rarely become addicted to it

Closed Thread