It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• My teenage son has spent the whole summer in his room

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
    damz68
    (male)

damz68 HB User
    My teenage son has spent the whole summer in his room

He plays video games and watches you tube. He occasionally has interaction with friends while playing games. Is this normal behavior for teens today. When I was his age spending any time indoors would only happen if I were grounded. Also, he had close to 20,000 text last month so I know he communicates with other, still worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
    Bob652
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
    I'm not a mental health expert but based on the quantity of text messages, your son is definitely a social person. It is normal for teens to be like this now. Do you know if he verbally speaks to his friends while playing games? That is important for him to do. Many teens are "forgetting" how to verbally communicate.

I would not worry about his mental health because he is interacting with others. However, his physical health may be at risk if he never leaves his room. If there is some way to encourage him to get out of the house and do something physical, it would be good.

Closed Thread