It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Daughter

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
    coff73ee
    (female)

coff73ee HB User
    Daughter

i feel like the worst mother right now.

I kicked my 19 year old daughter out of the house. This all started years ago with her attitude. Any time I would try to talk to her about something she didn't want to hear I would get attitude and she would tell me to leave her alone.

About a month ago I told her I was reaching my breaking point. The only things she was concerned about was herself and her boyfriend. She is working lots of late nights so she would sleep till she had to leave for work. On her days off she would take off and spend them with her boyfriend. She has animals here I would end up taking care of. It was a fight half the time just to get her to feed them when she was home. I am home full time due to my health. The only responsibility she had was to clean the shower her and her sister use every other week and she wasn't even doing that anymore.

The final straw came one night about two weeks ago when she got up from bed right as we sat down for dinner. Everyone could tell she was in a bad mood. The day before She had cleaned the shower for the first time in months even after I told her that her sister just did it. She started to complain to her sister about what she has in the shower. Five different times I told her to stop only to be ignored. Dinner turned into a compleat mess. Things got heated between her and I. She refused to even let me talk to her. She tried shoving me out of her room so I did hold her back. She was hitting me and even kicking me. My husband came in and stopped things. He told her she has 15 minutes to calm down then we were going to talk about things. I waited and then I went back to her room. She had earbuds in and refused to remove them she ignored both me and my husband. I pulled them out of her ears only for her to bite me in return. I told her this needs to stop now either she needed to loss the attitude and sit down and talk like adults or she could get out. She refused and she left that night.

She has been staying at her boyfriends house for about two weeks now. She refuses to talk to me or my husband. She also left her pets behind.

She was here once to get clothing. I told her I would like to talk and this was her last chance to try and make this right, she refused and left.

Now I found out she had also been smoking pot.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Did I do the right thing or was I wrong. Feeling so hurt and confused right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: Daughter

Absolutely! Disrespect is not what parents are for!! You stand your ground and just ignore her. She will be coming around to your way of thinking!

Old 08-21-2015, 03:53 AM   #3
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

You need a good break from this daughter. Let her live where she wants. She is an adult, and I bet that there is no other adult in the world you would let live in your house and treat you like dirt in return. I know it is hard, but in ANY parent-child conflict, the parent is also part of it. I don't at all mean blame or responsibility, just that you both have buttons and issues around the relationship. You are both better off out of it for a while. Sit tight and don't burn any bridges, she will grow up and you will enter a new, hopefully better phase of your relationship. Sera

Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Your daughter needs to be on her own. You let her know that communications with you are open so just give her time.You are the parent so she should show you respect. She is working so I'm not sure what the big deal is because we all need to get on with our life. If she ever wants to move back home, you make the guidelines and if she doesn't agree to them then don't let her back in. I think a lot of parents go through this sometime in their life. I know I did and now everything is good. I'm not saying she ever moved back but she has her life now and is married. Good luck!!!

Closed Thread