It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Concerned with Daughter's Nudity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
    mommy3790

mommy3790 HB User
    Concerned with Daughter's Nudity

Hi all, thought I would reach out to see if my daughters behavior is normal. My daughter has developed an obsession with taking all of her clothes off and running around the house in the buff. Hubby and I also let her play nude out in the front yard. We live in a pretty safe neighborhood so im not too concerned about my neighbors, but my question is she just turned 7. Is this age too old for her to be nude outside? We get a few laughs and " awww...how cute" from passer bys but looking for helpful advice for this. Thanks! - Sky

Last edited by Administrator; 07-02-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
    Mavy77
    (female)

Mavy77 HB User
    Re: Concerned with Daughter's Nudity

I have to say it's not such a good idea to allow the nudity outside in the front yard. If you ever check your neighborhood online for registered sex offenders you'll see why it's not a good idea. Inside your home is another story! Let your daughter explore these phases in life and do what you can to make her feel confident in her own skin.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
    marisuela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
    Re: Concerned with Daughter's Nudity

Yeah, sorry, but 7 is a bit old for running around naked in the front yard.... probably the back yard, too. I'd say keep it confined to her room (with windows shut) or the bathroom.

That said, I have 4 girls ages 6-12, and I only JUST got the 12 year old to stop running around the house naked! Okay, honestly, it's usually just when she's forgotten her clothes after a shower, or is looking in the laundry room for something to wear, but DANG! The kid is 12! She's finally taken to wearing a robe.... I don't know what it is with kids, but they just don't care who sees them!

Closed Thread