It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Is it true?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2016, 07:56 AM   #16
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Is it true?

It just seemed to me that you are being a bit immature about this. That said, the "preference" is 1-meaningless in terms of who she loves the best, and 2-totally changeable on a day to day basis. Think of her rather than yourself here. Both parents are equally vital to her healthy development. Having a great relationship with both parents is wonderful. get over thinking of a one-to-one unit and realise that there are three equally involved and interchangeable people in your family unit. You all go together, you can't think of daddy as "extra to requirements". Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #17
    Mommy2you
    (female)

Mommy2you HB User

As immature as it may seem, it's how I feel. There's a family function coming up & I dread it. I don't particularly like going to these & it makes it worse that I worry my child may not want to stay/sit with me. I want her to play with the kids but I don't want her to show preference to Daddy or anyone else. Will I always feel this way?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #18
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

this is disturbing.....a grown woman jealous of her child......
    what are you going to do when she gets to be a teenager and starts developing and attracting attention from men?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #19
    Mommy2you
    (female)

Mommy2you HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
    this is disturbing.....a grown woman jealous of her child......
    what are you going to do when she gets to be a teenager and starts developing and attracting attention from men?
    I'm not jealous. I'm not sure how you interpreted that. I only want her to be a Momma's girl.

Last edited by Mommy2you; 08-19-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #20
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mommy2you View Post
    it makes it worse that I worry my child may not want to stay/sit with me. I want her to play with the kids but I don't want her to show preference to Daddy or anyone else. Will I always feel this way?
    It would be ok if she showed preference to you though.....
    THIS is how I interpreted what you wrote to show jealousy

Old 08-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #21
    Mommy2you
    (female)

Mommy2you HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
    It would be ok if she showed preference to you though.....
    THIS is how I interpreted what you wrote to show jealousy
    Oh ok! Yes you're right!
    I'm her Momma & take care of her. Is that unreasonable to want her to prefer me?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #22
    glamourgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

glamourgal HB User

I think maybe by others (including your husband), seeing that she "prefers" you, makes you feel more validated as a mom (shows off to them how great of a job you are doing taking care of her, so great that see, she wants only you?). Is this maybe how you feel?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #23
    Mommy2you
    (female)

Mommy2you HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by glamourgal View Post
    I think maybe by others (including your husband), seeing that she "prefers" you, makes you feel more validated as a mom (shows off to them how great of a job you are doing taking care of her, so great that see, she wants only you?). Is this maybe how you feel?
    No, not the showing off part because we aren't around others enough to show off. I think that is a lot of it because that's all I am now, a momma. I love it, it's the best job ever & I guess I do want to be proud.

Closed Thread