It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Behavioral issues or just a normal three year old?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
    Tendentiousness
    (female)

Tendentiousness HB User
    Behavioral issues or just a normal three year old?

I am a single parent to a two year old boy. He has always been somewhat difficult and very hyper active, but lately it's getting out of control! I can't get him to sit down unless he is watching tv or engaged in one-on-one discussion. Not only this, but his tantrums are becoming excessive and unbearable. I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all the time. At times he has had up to three or four tantrums in an hour. I can't even drop him off at daycare without a tantrum or pick him up from daycare without one. His daycare provider has also showed concern. She had he loved to antagonize other children for no other reason then to see their reaction and he's always doing exactly the opposite of what you tell him. Most of the time he is literally bouncing off the walls. He was doing so good just a few months ago, I don't understand why he taking steps back and even getting worse. I could use any amount of help or even support at that, anything would be much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2016, 04:30 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Behavioral issues or just a normal three year old?

WEll, they do call it the terrible twos. But a visit to his pediatrician could help sort this out.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: Behavioral issues or just a normal three year old?

Hello

He sounds like a pretty typical 2yr old child to me LOL. I have three kiddos (10, 12 & 14 now), and most of what you have said doesn't ring any true alarm bells to me. But if you are really worried a visit to a paediatrician will certainly be beneficial to you and your little one, they will be able to answer any questions you have, observe and possibly access your little boy and give you a helping hand.

All the best! Having a lively child can be very tiring sometimes can't it?
    K.

Closed Thread