HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Parenting Issues (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/)
-   -   Issues with child's stepmother (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/1036524-issues-childs-stepmother.html)

Cupcake7 08-16-2017 11:59 AM

Issues with child's stepmother

My daughter is 9 years old. Her father lives out of state, so she spends the summers there with him and his wife of 1 year (been together 2 years). After this summer visit, she came home and told me her stepmother got into the shower with her. She told me that she noticed a white string hanging out of her and that it had blood on it. She asked her about it, so she proceeded to explain the tampon and periods to her (in too much detail, i have explaind it to her in a way i feel age appropriate)all while showering along with her. Her father nor I have never showered with her. She is very independent and requires no assistance with showering. She told me it made her very uncomfortable. Needing advice asap.

rosequartz 08-16-2017 12:31 PM

Re: Issues with child's stepmother

Tell her she doesn't have to shower with her step-mother. Talk to her father, and maybe even the step-mother yourself and tell them your daughter isn't comfortable with that. I wonder if her father even knows?

Cupcake7 08-16-2017 12:38 PM

Her father and I dont get along very well anymore. We did and coparenting was no problem before she came into the picture. She doesnt even allow him to speak to me over the phone unless she is present. I am assuming he does not know, because my daughter said she didn't tell him because she felt awkward talking about it. I know he would have neber been okay with that before, as our parenting styles have been the exact same. She has never seen either of us nude sense the age of 2.

rosequartz 08-16-2017 12:49 PM

this is some common ground, maybe you could call a truce.....
you need to tell him, it's for your daughters sake.....
whether you get along or not, this is important.....more important than not getting along.....speak up

Cupcake7 08-16-2017 01:08 PM

I agree. I plan to contact him this evening. I jave to issues getting along with him. I alway remain nice and try to keep the peace amd raise our child together.

rosequartz 08-22-2017 01:04 PM

cupcake did you have the conversation? how did it go?

Dragonfly Wings 08-22-2017 01:30 PM

This absolutely needs to be worked out, for your daughter's sake. The step mother had no business in jumping in the shower with your little one, it's an invasion of privacy, not to mention totally inappropriate.

For these reasons, and many more, your ex and yourself need to put your feelings aside and continue co-parenting like you were. Without communication any amount of things can happen :/

All the best!
DW.