It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Was my daughter rude in this situation?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-14-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
    90smom
    (female)

90smom HB User
    Was my daughter rude in this situation?

I got together with my friend together my 15 year old daughter and her 14 year old daughter and we stopped by fast food sitting at bar like table with my friend sitting with me and girls sitting with each other. While we were eating one of the employee started mopping and as she got to my table she said excuse me, indicating she wants to mop under my table/feet so i raised my (i grew up in the 90's and it was always expected that you pick up your feet when employee wants to clean under you). As she was finished mopping and move on to mopping under my friend table(right next to me) I got a phone call. According to my friend as lady moved on to daughter table and said excuse me, my daughter didn't raise her feet. Employee said excuse young lady please pick up your feet and my daughter ignored her. Finally my friend told my daughter raise your feet she want to mop under you at which time my daughter picked her feet. I am trying to decide if my daughter action deserve discipline for being rude or was employee the one rude.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Was my daughter rude in this situation?

Yes your daughter was rude...and if it's a norm where you go, then she should be taught as such. Firstly, ask her why she didn't and go from there. At least you will know her perspective on it.

In saying that...I've never had an employee ask to mop under my feet, although my husband says he has in fast food restaurants.

q

Old 01-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #3
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

I have never seen such a thing where an employee asks a customer to lift up their feet. I believe customers should be left alone to enjoy their food and conversation. The question is why not wait until the customer leaves?

However, if they were done eating and just sitting and talking that's different.

I was in a restaurant once when there were very few customers and an employee started vacuuming the carpet at empty tables around us. It was loud and very disturbing. We didn't say anything but never went back there again.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
    90smom
    (female)

90smom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    I have never seen such a thing where an employee asks a customer to lift up their feet. I believe customers should be left alone to enjoy their food and conversation. The question is why not wait until the customer leaves?

However, if they were done eating and just sitting and talking that's different.

I was in a restaurant once when there were very few customers and an employee started vacuuming the carpet at empty tables around us. It was loud and very disturbing. We didn't say anything but never went back there again.
    It been a while since I gone to fast food such as McDonalds prior to this visit but it been my experience that if you go during non peak time such as after breakfast/ lunch rush hour or 1-2 hour before closing, staff would be doing cleaning which includes sweeping/mopping under all tables even those occupied. Maybe it's culture of employees that as result i got used to it happening?

Reply Reply