It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Husband Spanked My Grandson

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2002, 08:55 AM   #16
    Aster
    Inactive

Aster HB User
    My other daughter spanks but mostly does Time Out. She has to stop what she's doing and stand her 2 year old in the corner for sixty seconds. It doesn't seem to be half as effective as a swat, for some reason.

------------------
    Aster

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2002, 11:54 AM   #17
    Starbuk498
    (female)

Starbuk498 HB User
    Aster,

Sounds like your grandson needed the spanking. Kids today are out of control and need to be put BACK into control and obey their elders.

Dont let it bother you.......it got the message across to him, didn't it?

Stefanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-22-2002, 02:54 PM   #18
    SnowyLynne
    Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
    Thumbs up

Aster,I agree with disciplin.My younger broth bit my Dad& drew blood.Daddy promptly bit him back.He never did that again.......

------------------
    SnowyLynne

Old 07-22-2002, 08:33 PM   #19
    stevie q

stevie q HB User
    for hulagirl and blue4u2:
    I, or someone like me will probably be arresting your children one of these days. You'd better go back and read your bible. The only chance you have of raising your children to be decent human beings is when they are very young. You, blue4u2 said that you were punished when you were young. Did that make you antisocial? Do you want to attack anyone who comes around you? The answer, of course, is "no." I deal daily with children who had no discipline while growing up. Now, I, and those like me, do my dead level best to put them in the penitintiary. That is what you will have to look forward to if you do not discipline your child.

------------------
    once you have hunted men, the exhillaration of hunting animals is lessened considerable.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:37 PM   #20
    stevie q

stevie q HB User
    Aster, your grandson, if his grandfather continues to make him behave will worship you and grandfather for the rest of his life. Don't sob. Be very proud that you have married a man who knows how to make a small child into a well respected man.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 07-24-2002).]

Old 07-23-2002, 04:41 AM   #21
    beebauser

beebauser HB User
    Aster,
    I have to agree with you, you mentioned aren't grandparents suposed to spoil the kids? well if you were just a grandparent...yes. but you and hubby are care givers, which changes the whole picture. And if your daughter didn't trust your judgement she wouldn't let you watch him.
    My mom had the same feeling, for my sons. We spoke alot about it, I told her she did a good job with me, and I knew she would do the right thing for my boys. end of story! you were both there, and did what you thought was best. If you watch him alot you need to have control, otherwise the boy will walk all over you!
    Dont cry, just remember that he will respect you for your authority. Keep doing the right thing! my mom did and my boys respected her more than me!
    and when my mom was older and sick...my boys took care of her, feeling as if they needed to give back to her for all she gave them! they had a very special relationship with her, and I was glad for it.
    best to you
    bee

Old 07-23-2002, 06:40 AM   #22
    nicola76
    Inactive

nicola76 HB User
    Kids need discipline people! I think your husband did the right thing and its not like he beat your GS senseless.

I remember being spanked once as a child and after that all my mom or dad had to do was tell me ONCE to behave myself. I respect my parents a great deal for having the nerve to discipline me and keep me from running wild. They did the right thing.

Too many kids today are out running wild and causing loads of trouble because their parents wrapped them in cotton wool and refused to discipline them. My fiance is a police officer and sees it all the time. And before you say, "Oh but they must be the bad kids who come from bad homes" let me say that these kids come from upper-middle class homes where they never got told NO or disciplined in any way, shape or form.

Please don't cry Aster. Your GS is just fine and loves you and your hubby.

Take care.

Nic

Old 07-23-2002, 11:18 AM   #23
    star508

star508 HB User
    I was spanked twice in my life and both times learned my lessons well. It doesn't mean abuse, it just means discipline. I think that today parents are so afraid of being labeled "child abusers" that anyone who lays a hand on their child is a monster. Certainly there are people who truly do abuse their children and they ARE monsters, but for the most part it's just a healthy dose of discipline that DOES need to exist.

Old 07-23-2002, 04:41 PM   #24
    paramedik1
    Inactive

paramedik1 HB User
    Kids have to know where the boundaries are, and have to know the consequences of breaking the rules and not minding. Probably the reason your grandson said"No i don't have to do what you say" is because he thought he could get by with it because nobody had ever disciplined him for not minding you and your husband. Spare the rod and spoil the child...and as far as him saying he wouldn't be your husband's friend, the kid will get over it.

Closed Thread