It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Sexually promiscuous child... what can this mean?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #16
    ABC~Mom
    Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
    Re: Sexually promiscuous child... what can this mean?

i was sexually abused from (i believe) the time i was a year old till 10 years old off and on by my step brother who was 5 years older than me (when i was one he was 5, then when i was 10 he was 15) but this made me too act strange as a child. i am very embarrassed to say i can remember forms of self masterbation when i was barley school aged and i can remeber being in VERY similar situations that you mentioned ana.
    so i too believe she has been exposed to some type of sexual abuse (if not phsyical then perhaps verbal)
    i never recieved any form of therepy, but i feel i needed it. a good way to tell if she may have been sexually abused is to monitor her play habits. ie. i used to pretend with my barbies that the "dad" had sex with the "little girl" and i also used to pretend when i played dolls that they were sexually abused.
    when i was a teen i had sex at 15 years old and had 8 sex partners by the time i was 16 years old, i am very ashamed of that but i think that i did this becuse from such a young age i was exposed to sexual content, and i put together in my mind that sex=what makes a guy like you.
    but on a better note i am in a stable relationship, and have put much of my past behind me. again i am very embarrassed about some of the things i have said here and i hope anyone who reads it will not judge me for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 04:57 AM   #17
    ana_24

ana_24 HB User

Winnie, you should ever feel embarassed by what happend to you because none of it is your fault. Thank you for sharing your experience. There isn't anything new to update. My boyfriend still hasn't had the opportunity to speak to his daughter. He tried but on Friday she said she didn't feel like talking to him. I don't know why but it seems she is mad at him for some reason. Maybe it's something the mother said to her or maybe she feels embarrased... I don't know. It's March break this week so he's going to take a day or two off and spend some time with her, just the two of them. I'm hoping that will give him some answers. I also think it's good for them to have some time alone without me there.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 AM   #18
    ana_24

ana_24 HB User

Angel, I'm sorry about what happened to you. It's so sad but I'm so proud of you for being able to pull your life back together after your bad childhood experiences.
    To answer a couple of questions. I think my boyfriend would like custody but not in the situation he is in now. We're not living together although we are saving for a house. However, that would not be for another year and half to two years. He's living with a roommate in a 2 bedroom townhome. I just don't think it's the appropriate environment for a child.
    As far as who is the common thread in all this, it's not the child with the older sister, it's my boyfriend's daughter. That's what makes this all the more confusing.

Closed Thread