It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Teens Drinking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #151
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User
    Re: Teens Drinking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goody2shuz
    Okay....Goody's running a test ~

Okay...what happens is when it first posts they all come up as tags but once you change the page & go back they are there. At least that's what I see happening on this end.
    Goody, on my end, they show as unretrieved images, that is, where the smilies should show a frame the size of the icon shows and if it is big enough, the frame contains a white box with a red X in it. On the editor window, the frame includes the tag text for only the Angel and Nono smilies. As always, if I put the mouse pointer over icon, the tag appears in a small floating box.

I used to be able to get the icons to appear by doing things like you mentioned, but since you first mentioned the problem last week, nothing brings them up any more. Pure instinct makes me guess it could be Internet Explorer... I'm thinking the Windows 98SE version is probably more problematic than the version for Windows XP.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #152
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

You are more technical than Goody is my CBF If it helps any, I have Windows XP and seem to be expereincing exactly as you describe, however, once the page is changed and I go back to it all is okay....so as long as I can give you smilies and avoid any miscommunication...Goody's happy Perhaps you can fix the problem (since you are so good at doing such things ) while Goody's away.

BTW....say an extra prayer...Tom gave me a crash coarse on how to dock the small boat so that I can take the girls on a sunset cruise....I always get nervous doing so but I'll be taking another risk tonite just to have some fun Wish me luck, and see you tomorrow....Goody

PS ~ As if the good Lord knew Goody needed to have an extra special time, "HITCH" arrived 2 days earlier via the mail from the DVD rental site we use!!! My 2 friends have not seen it yet and Goody is more than willing to see it a third time as you probably already guessed

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-21-2005 at 10:02 AM.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:40 AM   #153
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ Well I see that all is well with the smilies again. The time I spent with my friends was as much therapeutic as it was fun. As a matter of fact, we all shared our teenager woes and I realized that Goody is not alone on this rollercoaster ride at all. Both of my friends are a little ahead of me in terms of experience...M. has a daughter who just finished her first year of college and P. has a daughter that just graduated Creighton University (which I believe is in your neck of the woods ) with a degree in Business Marketing and already has a job lined up with GE. She also has a son who didn't want to go to college but wishes to go into the culinery school in NYC in the fall and a daughter who is K.'s age who is interested in something in the medical field such as Nursing.

My high school best friend is having a really rough time with her daughter who will not be returning to college.....she flunked out and is having problems with bulemia. This friend & I went to college together for nursing and my heart broke at all that she told me about her daughter. I think it was good for us to get together because we were able to offer one another support as friends and mothers. We wined and dined and watched the sunset together and this morning we all went on a cruise with Captain Goody at the helm Yup....I did it and was quite proud of my abilities as were my friends on my amiden voyage I did forewarn them but couldn't think of 2 better people to take my first voyage with (besides MBF & my CBF of course ). They gave me an A+ and video taped me and told me that they would keep it on record to show Tom. Anyway, the visit was relaxing and we felt as if we got more visiting in than we usually do when each of our families are included....it felt like a week vacation together with the quality time we spent together.

MBF & I spoke prior to my getting together with M. & P. who she also knows since M. went to college with us as well. She is hoping to make a visit sometime over the summer, that is, if it doesn't conflict with my in-laws visit. I intend on calling her in the next few minutes since I see that alot has transpired since yesterday.

K. will be getting ready for her summer trip....we have lots to prepare for over the next day or so....she leaves Friday at lunchtime. I am not sure if I am ready for this but she certainly seems to be. Although she seems to think it'll be for the entire summer (unitl August 19th) I have a feeling that she will be home sooner. Hmmmmm.....I guess time will tell.

Hope all is well on your end....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-23-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:44 AM   #154
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Hi Goody Yes, the smilies are back here, too. FYI, the banker’s son graduated from Creighton University. I’m a bit confused about your two friends you just met with… were they both HSBFs? The visit with your friends sounded like a classic movie plot where old friends catch up on the good and bad… sharing that life isn’t perfect but still good and that best friendships are forever. Captain Goody must have been a sight to see, congrats on earning your sea legs. MBF certainly could use a break like that now; she is so strong to endure all that she has with such grace. As you can see, my friend, K would have started transitioning into adulthood this summer whether you were her mentor or not. Doesn’t it feel better having let go as you did now that you can see K emerging from childhood like a butterfly from its cocoon? BTW… I got Hitch on DVD for Fathers Day; much better than a lame necktie.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #155
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ Just wanted to share something special with you and others parents here who have a teen who is involved with drinking.

Yesterday I took K. out for a bite to eat followed by a spur of the moment drop in at an AA meeting. I picked one that took place in a Baptist Church in the next town so that she didn't run into anyone she might know (I thought it would be shocking enough).

When we pulled into the church parking lot I told K. that her father & I thought that this would be a good experience for her and all I asked of her was to listen & observe with an open mind. She looked scared & asked if I was taking her to a couselling appointment & I told her no. I comforted her by telling her that this was my first time attending something like this so it would be a first experience that we would share. As we entered the church immediately there was a sign that had AA with an arrow pointing us in the right direction. There were people gathered in the lobby with cups of coffee and they greeted us introducing themselves by name as we did the same welcoming us and asking if this was a first meeting for us. I explained that it was and that we were there on an observatory basis.

The meeting took place outside. They picked a subject to talk about from a tin which was "Reservations". One member started out explaining how he had started drinking at the age of 14 and went through how it started at parties, and throughout high school worstened. It allowed him to come out of his shell and got worse in college to where he experienced blackouts. He explained how he went into Business and barely graduated feeling undeserving of the degree. He went into the restaurant businees as a way of always having booze accessible to him. He shared how he had lost almost everything in his life, a wife, kids, friends and the restaurant too. He went on to say that he came to AA and had no reservations in coming to meetings 6 days a week in order to keep himself sober over the past 22 years and that he now had a successful job and was happy and wouldn't change the way things were except to have never picked up that first drink. Each person picked a new member of the "fellowship" to share, each identified themselves and shared with their hearts how alcohol had taken over their lives and how they had to get to the lowest level of the elevator in order to walk out and stop drinking. Each shared their struggles, their losses, their pain etc. I actually felt God's presence as each person opened up their souls to one another. And I heard Him speaking to K. through each person as they identified their problems with alcohol starting in high school sometimes sooner. One woman behind me shared how her daughter hurt her each day with her mean words, telling her that she sucked when she was such a good mother & had come to AA in order to do something for herself so that she could be the best mother. And yet how painful & hard it was when her daughter said such hurtful things to her. I cried along with her as she shared..

We took a break and one member who was 33 and a beautiful young lady approached me introducing herself with the same name as our dog (K. was still outside at this point). She inquired about myself and I shared my reasons for being there, how K. was into drinking and that I was worried about her with the genetic predisposition in our family and she praised me on doing such a wonderful thing for K. I told her I had chosen this meeting so that K. wouldn't see too many people she knew and be able to observe...we spoke and we found out that she had attended the same highschool as K. (which I had attended as well) and how some of her older siblings were in my class. K. walked in and this lovely woman introduced herself and took K. under her wing sharing their common highschool...they knew some of the same teachers etc. The meeting was called back into session, this woman I'll call L. came back to K. with a meeting schedule telling her that there were meetings for teens that she may find more helpful if need be. I inquired how much longer the meeting ran and she said for another 45 minutes. She explained that there was no problem if anyone left earlier and to feel free to do so. She then took her seat across the way and the meeting continued. People continued to share and eventually somebody called on K. which shocked us both K. introduced herself by saying "Hi, my name is K. and although I don't have a problem I just wanted to thank everybody here for allowing me to observe and share in your experiences. Thank you and I guess now I would like to call on L." L. went on to share how each day was hard in terms of having reservations of saying yes or no. She explained that just that day she had been invited by coworkers to go to an event where she knew that there would be drinking and too much pressure and that she had to say no. But still it was hard. She also shared how alcoholism ran in her family and that each day she had to remind herself of that and keep herself on the road of sobriety. She told us that she attended 6 or more meetings a week and that was her lifeline to being able to do so.

The mosquitos were biting, K. had no jacket and it was getting cool. I looked over at K. who had goosebumps and bugs flying all around her as well as me. She swtted them off of me as I did her and it reminded me of my CBF and how many times we "pick the bugs off of one another".

There was a half an hour left to the meeting & I asked K. if she wanted to go. She told me no that she wanted to stay until the end. And we did. When it ended many members shook K.'s hand and thanked her for coming as they did mine. We thanked them for welcoming us and helped put away some of the chairs. L. spoke to us a little longer and K. gave her a hug and told her that she hoped that everything went well in her life.

On our drive home, K. and I shared our experience of our first AA meeting and she told me that it was good for her to hear how alcohol could affect somebody's life and that although she would drink that she would make sure that it never happened to her. I told her that I knew that she would drink but that I hoped it would always be done responsibly and that she never sucumbed to peer pressure....that she could come to the point of knowing that she could go to a party and sip on one beer/drink for the duration and be okay with that and confident within herself that getting drunk with her peers was not necessary in order to be accepted. She agreed and we both saw the experience of our first AA meeting as a good one.

I am glad that K. & I did this together prior to her leaving for DE to spend the summer with my brother. I just wanted to share that with my CBF and to let everyone else here know what a wonderful experience it was to go to an AA meeting with a teen who starts to drink. I thank the poster who suggested this to me at the beginning of this thread. I wish I had done this sooner and am glad that I did. Thanks for all the support and encouragement....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-23-2005 at 08:04 AM.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #156
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

That story is very touching, Goody. That meeting will give K a lot to think about for a long time. Clearly, you are a great mom and mentor.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #157
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartlandguy
    I’m a bit confused about your two friends you just met with… were they both HSBFs?
    Heartland ~ There's a beautiful story behind my HSBF and her twin sister. In my junior year of highschool I was in P.'s American/European history class. We sat next to one another and soon became friends. She told me that she had a twin sister M. I envisioned an identical of P. and she told me that they were fraternal twins. Well, shortly after P. introduced me to M. As we spent time together, M. & I discovered we had so much in common. M. & I were very much involved in our church youth group, whereas, P. wasn't. M. and I passed notes in our Health class constantly and were joined at the hip our entire junior & senior year. We both wanted to be nurses and eventually went on to the same college together. My parents insisted that we not room with one another, wisely seeing how close we were, and if it weren't for their insistence, I most likely wouldn't have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting MBF at college in our junior year of college. So.....while I really truly consider M. to be my HSBF....P. is naturally part of the package becasue if it weren't for her, M. & I would never have met.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heartland
    The visit with your friends sounded like a classic movie plot where old friends catch up on the good and bad… sharing that life isn’t perfect but still good and that best friendships are forever. Captain Goody must have been a sight to see, congrats on earning your sea legs.
    Oh, Heartland, it was...just as you described!!! I consider myself blessed in real life and cyberspace having found such wonderful friends. My mother was a wise woman when she told me that I should consider myself blessed if by the end of my life I had friends that I could count on one hand. And I already do...real, forever friends. And I AM truly blessed.

Quote:
    MBF certainly could use a break like that now; she is so strong to endure all that she has with such grace. As you can see, my friend, K would have started transitioning into adulthood this summer whether you were her mentor or not. Doesn’t it feel better having let go as you did now that you can see K emerging from childhood like a butterfly from its cocoon? BTW… I got Hitch on DVD for Fathers Day; much better than a lame necktie.
    God works in strange ways. My in sister in laws cancelled seeing us at all this summer (but I am almost certain that they are keeping their business plans & coming the week Tom is away) but MBF cannot get off that week. Ideally it would be great to have her when he is away but now that my sister in laws are not coming, MBF has vacation during the week we thought they might come and it may work out and so happens to be the week of my birthday. However, Tom & E. will be around so perhaps they will go back to Stony Brook so we can see one another for a period of time one on one. I will be calling MBF sometime today after discussing this all with Tom who will with no doubt accommodate the plans

Quote:
    That story is very touching, Goody. That meeting will give K. a lot to think about for a long time. Clearly, you are a great mom and mentor.
    Heartland ~ I can always count on you to share in my joy as well as my pain....that's what a real friend is and why I consider you to be one of my best Love & hugs ~ Goody

PS ~ I have enjoyed watching K. being flocked with friends who are wisking her in all different directions and stopping by to say goodbye. There is one boy in particular who just stopped by and was crying saying goodbye to her. I see him as being perfect for her since I first met him when they were in 7th grade. He is her first male best friend....Goody had a few at her age as well, but I just can't help but see a future for the two of them....who knows

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-23-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #158
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    I can always count on you to share in my joy as well as my pain....that's what a real friend is
    What?!? …miss the best part? Not me! I like the gravy …err… frosting or what ever you want to call it.

Quote:
    one boy in particular who just stopped by and was crying saying goodbye to her. I see him as being perfect for her since I first met him when they were in 7th grade. He is her first male best friend....Goody had a few at her age as well, but I just can't help but see a future for the two of them....who knows
    Whenever I hear this type of scenario, all I can think of is littlerose’s story where everyone, including her, thought that her best friend and she had a great future ahead of them… but she couldn’t generate the feelings to transform their friendship into a relationship. Considering that they tried sooo hard to make it work but failed, I found their story to be especially sad. The very fact that you like the boy is the kiss of death to any future for the two. Who did your mom think would be perfect for you and what did you think?

Today must be a very sad day for Tom and you as K temporarily leaves the nest. Today must feel more like a practice run for K actually going to college in about a year. Reality is starting to set in; you can feel her slipping away... Have faith and be strong, my friend!

Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #159
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    What?!? …miss the best part? Not me! I like the gravy …err… frosting or what ever you want to call it.
    Funny how you've noticed how MBF & I think so much alike I believe it was "icing" my friend....and you are both my gravy & icing in this neck of the woods

Quote:
    Whenever I hear this type of scenario, all I can think of is littlerose’s story where everyone, including her, thought that her best friend and she had a great future ahead of them… but she couldn’t generate the feelings to transform their friendship into a relationship. Considering that they tried sooo hard to make it work but failed, I found their story to be especially sad. The very fact that you like the boy is the kiss of death to any future for the two. Who did your mom think would be perfect for you and what did you think?
    My mom never thought any guy was good enough for me. And my dad was worse. But when Tom came along it was them that convinced me that he was someone not worth letting go of He did what every dad wants for his little girl...he actually went to my dad and asked his permission which is so rare of guys these days and back when we were dating. My parents are super "old fashioned" and Tom knew just how to win their hearts as he did mine.

Quote:
    Today must be a very sad day for Tom and you as K temporarily leaves the nest. Today must feel more like a practice run for K actually going to college in about a year. Reality is starting to set in; you can feel her slipping away... Have faith and be strong, my friend!
    You've got great intuition my friend as I noted when I barely even knew you....it's just what I said to K. when I said goodbye to her....I told her that I was feeling the same way that I would imagine I would feel when she left for college in 2006. I dropped her off at my ex sister in laws since she was driving my niece to the airport for the same flight for her visitation with my brother. K. & I said our goodbyes and she even got out of the car and came back for a extra hug & kiss. Just before leaving she get a call from her English teacher informing her that she got an "A" on her History Regents Exam

Yes....I am missing K. already. E. asked me if I was crying and I wasn't....I think this is going to be a great experience for us all. I realize how much family means when we all care about the ones we love and work together in guiding the future generation to living their best.

I received my MP3 player yesterday and am excited about getting some tunes on it. The girls already have some downloaded in files that I can share but I am not technical with those things and hope I can figure it out. I might need a PC technician.....do you know of somebody who's patient & kind???Hehehehehehehehe The only thing I am disappointed in is the FM tuner only gets one station which so happens to be my favorite, thank goodness. My job to do today is to find internet service for our summerhome. I want to see if we can have the provider do a temporary transfer for us since we will pretty much be full time out there for the summer. we are leaving Saturday evening or Sunday. E. has a Black Belt promotion that she has to attend in which her karate instuctor will be earning his 6th degree of his blackbelt. E. wil be performing for him and the Grandmaster and they will all be attending a special dinner afterwards.

Well...I probably will post here in my down moments of missing K. My brother has just called for the 3rd time today, my SIL called this morning for a grocery list....K. is going to be having a great time....my brother is so special. They also are having a second wedding celebration with wrokers and friends in July....the Catholic Church would not marry them so they are going Lutheran. Their reception party will be in Luau style and K. was asked to give out the Leis and my SIL is going to go out and help her pick out a torpical/hawaiian type dress. My brother will bring her to see Wesley College and the Univ of DE while she is there as well. He just told me he has a car that he will give her that is in great shape but it is a manual transmission which he said he will be happy to spend time teaching K. how to drive. So....K. will certainly have lots to do. Thanks for the post and for being my CBF ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-24-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #160
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ With K. gone for less than 24 hours her younger prodigy decided to give us a trial of taking over in her older sister's absence. I know, you expected it to go this way but just didn't want to forewarn me

Anyway...Tom & I had plans to go out with the four fabs....E. had plans to go to a friends house to play "Manhunt" as her last horraah before spending the summer out east. She had a karate practice for today's big performance before the Grandmaster and I told her to pack appropriate attire for a change of clothes so that she can go right from karate to her friends. She had on skimpy clothes and Tom & I told her that we would have to stop back home for proper attire. She lipped off and had an attitude which she had been sporting most of this week. We warned her as we were driving that it was enough but she proceeded to continue on until we told her that her plans were off for such rude behavior & if she had done as we asked in the first lace we wouldn't have had a problem. Of course I couldn't leave her alone so I sent Tom ahead to be with our friends. I offered to E. to make the best of it and work on loading up my MP3 player with tunes that she could help me with as a form of penance. She said she would rather go up to her room.

Well...one of her friends called...the one that was hosting the "manhunt" and when I went to get E. she was MIA Her friend lives in the same development as us and I told her that I had a feeling that E. was on the way there and to call me when she arrived. Her mom did and I called Tom and he went over and our plans were cancelled with our friends who we haven't seen in quite which was quite disappointing. But Tom & I made the best out of it and sat outside enjoying thaebeautiful evening with a few of Tom's famous cosmos. E. will not be seeing her friends for a few weeks (Tom started out with the entire summer ) and Goody plans on getting her reigned in as far as attitude goes and may lift the punishment as we go along. She commented on K.'s lack of punishment with the home party and I told her that we took $500 out of K.'s bank account for her car as a penalty and got her where it would be most effective and know that for her it is with her friends that it will be most effective. E. must also call and apologize toher friend's mother for placing her in the middle of a problem that occurred at home, thus owning up to it.

I will not have internet until further notice and just wanted to forewarn you....I am working on it but may pop into the library with E. who we sign up for summer sessions and check in here once in a while until we figure something out. I also plan on signing her up in a local theatre group that she did last summer as well. Monday I will start PT....my MP3 player still needs tunes which I will load up ASAP.

So....I'm busy packing up and will be here until late this afternoon. I will hopefully have time for a few last posts and then off for our summerhome. :bouncing I intend to call up my internet provider & try to set up service for sometime next week. Will miss you until then, my CBF (((HUGS))) ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-25-2005 at 10:51 AM.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #161
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    With K. gone for less than 24 hours her younger prodigy decided to give us a trial of taking over in her older sister's absence. I know, you expected it to go this way but just didn't want to forewarn me
    She commented on K.'s lack of punishment with the home
    So K’s understudy took center stage by storm. Since you always seem to use the plural form of meanager, I know you weren’t surprised by this sneak attack. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Our girls are only 15 months apart in age so our rollercoaster ride had plenty of rear-end collisions from the fast approaching, younger meanager. With your girls being 3 years apart, I thought you might be lucky and have a break in between but it appears this is a case of nurture over nature. Indeed, E has been holding back the “K.'s lack of punishment” card for just the right moment… My, my, my… don’t they learn quickly when it’s to their advantage?!?

Quote:
    Monday I will start PT.
    PT comes none too soon considering that stress causes you back pain. Did E create enough stress to cause you pain? I hope you resume posting on your DDD thread… It will be very interesting to learn how effective PT can be in helping to avoid a reoccurrence of a back injury. Exercise smart, my friend.

P.S. No internet service until July 5? That must be the biggest pain of all!

Last edited by heartlandguy; 06-27-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #162
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    So K’s understudy took center stage by storm. Since you always seem to use the plural form of meanager, I know you weren’t surprised by this sneak attack. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
    I'm glad to have a good sense of humor for times like these. E. and I have spent some time together....she wants to start her first job at the same place K. worked at last summer & got the ok from her older sister on that. We stopped by and she starts a 3 day training Wednesday and may work some hours on weekends. Tom & I have learned alot in dealing with K. on how to go about it with E. We will curb her hours and balance them with other aspects of her life. I found a summer theatre program for her that will assist her in auditions and fine tuning her voice. That is 2 days a week for 2 hours and about a 15 minute drive from here. It came highly recommended from her voice teacher.

My brother is working on teaching K. how to drive stick and offered to allow K. to use his car with a manual trans to get to & from work.....they looked into a pizza place right up the road as a job for her. So far they are quite busy....they will be working on decorating his boat for a 4th of July parade/contest that takes place in his community & are hoping to win this year

Quote:
    Our girls are only 15 months apart in age so our rollercoaster ride had plenty of rear-end collisions from the fast approaching, younger meanager. With your girls being 3 years apart, I thought you might be lucky and have a break in between but it appears this is a case of nurture over nature. Indeed, E has been holding back the “K.'s lack of punishment” card for just the right moment… My, my, my… don’t they learn quickly when it’s to their advantage?!?
    Yes...it's amazing and you were right....I was pretty much expecting this. E. is my sensitive child except when the hormones set in they seemed to have cancelled out any empathy that normally would be mine in my battles with K. But after going through my battles with K. I have been equipped with manuevers and strategies I never knew of....at least enough to diffuse any situations that may come my way with E. Hehehehehehehe Besides....one on one with E. is a delight. I really enjoy our time together.

Quote:
    PT comes none too soon considering that stress causes you back pain. Did E create enough stress to cause you pain? I hope you resume posting on your DDD thread… It will be very interesting to learn how effective PT can be in helping to avoid a reoccurrence of a back injury. Exercise smart, my friend.
    So far so good....the pain is still at a 3. Nothing more than before E. added stress onto my plate!!! I just finished checking out 2 facilities within blocks of where we are staying. Nothing state of the art about them but one has more in terms of equipment whereas the other has a therapist who seems to be more personable & has worked with patients with my condition more & was highly recommended by my 80+ year old neighbor who I absolutely love. What would you go with....I am leaning more towards the personable and experienced therapist who comes recommended. If you are around a quick recommendation from my CBF would be appreciated. I am at the library on borrowed time while E. is checking out books and will not have my own internet service until the 5th. So if you're there a quick response would be appreciated.

Also.....MBF & I spoke over the weekend, she is extremely stressed and is torn on how to handle the entire situation. I am trying to help her through that and at the same time encourage her to consider a visit to spend some time with me. I'll keep you posted on that.

Miss you lots, my CBF....I am hoping all is okay with you, any word on that job???? (((HUGS)))) ~ Goody

PS ~ Yes....and Goody tried to plead with them for an earlier date but ot no avail......so, yes, I am experiencing somewhat of a withdrawal but I know that it was necessary anyway in order to get my self to PT. Could also use some advice on how to get some tunes into my player. Of course internet service will be necessary but I con't want to bring in any bugs to my PC in doing so. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by goody2shuz; 06-27-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #163
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Goody, I always recommend taking the advice of those you trust. A good therapist should make the most of the equipment and maybe could give you advice for supplemental PT at home.

Thanks for the update on MBF. One fear I have is that with her husbands SS number and other personal data needed for payroll, the employer could use it for credit fraud and claim her husband stole money to pay off “his” account debts.

MP3 advice will come tomorrow… BTW… do you have a big music CD collection?

Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #164
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Had to stop back to do some bill paying and came upon your post. Yes I have some CD collections but most of them are back at primary residence....could have Tom pick them up since he is gvoing back in a few days.

Also concerned about MBF's hubby, especially after what you brought up. She has saved all emails and personal records so I think they should be okay. I am confident that a higher source is looking out for them.....so I guess that's why I am not as concerned as you. I really truly see it as the hand of God steering them in the right direction by bringing to light the misrepresentation. I am out of time...GTG....Goody

Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #165
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Goody, as I think about the differences you mentioned between K and E, it reminds me of our girls. Our older daughter, D1, was the more headstrong, stubborn one of the two. Our younger daughter, D2, was more sensitive than D1. As such, K and E seem similar to D1 and D2, so I offer you this warning… With D1, we knew we could expect an in-your-face, meanager response; with D2, things were less certain. I think D2’s sensitivity and what she learned from D1, led D2 to become secretive and sneaky. D2 was more experimental than D1, too. If you see parallels, then don’t be too confident that what worked with K will work with E. All that said, both girls are close to us now and especially their mother. Breaking away from the control of their parents and peer pressure seem to be the main two causes of meanagerism. The sooner they see you as a mentor, rather than as mom, the easier it will be for you. Of course, you don’t want to make that transition with E until she shows signs of being responsible when you are not around.

As we discussed before, don’t expect Tom to help much other than being the enforcer, because teenage girls mystify men like Tom and me. We notice that mom has some sense of what the daughters are going through so we keep our nose out of what we don’t understand. My wife and I had a son, too, and I had an edge with him so it must be some type of gender bonding phenomena.

Quote:
    Also concerned about MBF's hubby ………... I am confident that a higher source is looking out for them.....so I guess that's why I am not as concerned as you. I really truly see it as the hand of God steering them in the right direction by bringing to light the misrepresentation.
    For some time now, I’ve felt that MBF sees me as a conduit since we currently share several basic problems. As I form opinions about what she has written, I’d feel negligent if I didn’t pass them on. So, using your terminology, I feel His hand guiding me to open her eyes. I think He always prefers to work through others whenever possible and I am acting accordingly. If you have more thoughts on this, please tell me.

Concerning your player, CD recordings can be encoded as MP3 files by a process commonly called “ripping”. As such, you never need to ******** music if you have it on CD. Presumable, your player came with software that allows the player to be connected to your computer via a USB/USB2 cable and software to rip recordings. The player will most likely appear as a “removable drive” when connected and files can be copied to and from the player or deleted. All the software is easy to use once you understand the big picture. Ask E what she knows about ripping…

Closed Thread