It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Loose Tooth??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
    Connie in Al.

Connie in Al. HB User
    Loose Tooth??

My son is 5 1/2 years old and recently he has been complaining when he eats that his tooth is hurting. He was eating a hamburger the first time it happened and it was kind of tuff (we cooked it on the george forman grill and if you cook meat to long its tuff) the next day he complained again and I felt his tooth and it was loose. I was Shocked I thought he was to young to be loosing teeth.

So my question is has anyone else's child lost a tooth this early or did my tuff hamburger meat make his tooth loose :-(

Thanks,
    Connie in Al.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
    whiteluluflower
    Veteran
    (female)

whiteluluflower HB User
    Re: Loose Tooth??

ive heard of kids losing their teet at 4. i heard somewhere, u can lose ur 1st baby tooth, any where from the ages of 4 to 9!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
    hillaryb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hillaryb HB User

When this happened to my daughter, she had a cavity. Has he had dental checkups? It could be a loose tooth as well, but my daughter has an excellent diet, and awful teeth. Bad genes I guess.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
    jeffreys mom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jeffreys mom HB User

My daughter is 5 yr 4 mos and one of her bottom front teeth are loose. I went to a B-day party last weekend and there were twin girls age 5 yr 3 mos and both of them had lost the same tooth that is loose on may daughter.

I too thought it was young to be loosing teeth.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #5
    Connie in Al.

Connie in Al. HB User

He hasn't been to the Dr. this year but he usually gets check-ups every year....I'm really glad to know that he is not the only one getting loose teeth, I had no idea what ages they usually started...

Thanks for your responses yall have put my mind to ease :-)

Connie in Al.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
    sem627
    Veteran
    (female)

sem627 HB User

My daughter is 5 years 3 months now and when I had her at the dentist just before she turned five, he said she had about a year until she lost the first. (They took x-rays and you could see the permanent ones coming up) He also mentioned that typically if a child gets teeth early as a baby, he/she will lose baby teeth early. If the baby receives them late, then they will probably fall out later. I told him my daughter got her first tooth at about 7 months old. He said that is very typical, so she would more than likely lose them at a normal time...five going on six.

Closed Thread