It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• 11 yr old and masturbation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #16
    Hangin in There
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hangin in There HB User
    Re: 11 yr old and masturbation

I know, but at least our parents are adults-LOL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #17
    Kelen
    (female)

Kelen HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hangin in There
    I have no problem with my 18 year old pleasuring himself....I get disgusted when I think of someone under the age of 13 doing it. Can't they remain childlike and have something to look forward to when they're older? Do they have to experience it all at such a tender age?
    To children there is nothing wrong with this, it doesn't "take away" anything from their childhood or cause them to become less childlike, like I said, they don't even know what they're doing so it hardly connects to something wrong. They haven't even had sex-ed yet. There mentality doesn't change just because they may have caught on a little sooner to doing something that makes them feel good. Like mjewell posted; it has been shown to start in the womb.

Masturbation and sex are two very different things in my mind but it seems people in here are treating them like one in the same almost. I think the only problem here is that of society.

Last edited by Kelen; 12-12-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 AM   #18
    Hangin in There
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hangin in There HB User

I can understand a child 'accidently' touching himself and thinking mmm, that feels good, but going on to something else after a few seconds....you know the attention span of a child. I can't imagine a child going and going until they reach orgasm! Gosh, that wouldn't even occur to me at that age! My first orgasm came during intercourse at age 18 and I didn't even know what it was! I had never felt that incredible feeling before and it was maybe a year later that I had read the word 'orgasm' in a magazine and realized "so that's what they call that". Children having orgasms, to me, is like seeing them smoking....without the health hazards, of course. It's simply something they don't need to be doing that young. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:54 AM   #19
    KylenKY
    (male)

KylenKY HB User

i started masturbating at 11, well one day before i turned 12. it was on accident too. it felt good and i kept messing with myself and then all of a sudden OOPS! i didn't know what i had done and it freaked me out. my older brother told me what exactly it was.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #20
    tommy124
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I also was masturbating regularly at 11.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #21
    hayley0610
    Inactive
    (female)

hayley0610 HB User

yikes i had forgotten about this post and was shocked to see all the responses!! first off my dh is far from immature the way he handled it, remember it was my son who giggled not my dh. second one has to be mature enough to be able to speak to their child about this so that was so far off. i was also shocked to read the person who said he was too young, get real theres no age for masturbation-now intercourse is a diff story, but this is something he is enjoying, as much as it grosses me out lol!! anyways we have said things here and there to him i guess my original question really didnt get answered though...is it normal to pee at his age? anyways i know theres nothing wrong with this and its normal and expected i guess it just made me feel icky at the thought

Old 12-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #22
    talisman
    Inactive
    (male)

talisman HB User

I was 11 when I reached puberty and masturbated for the first time. It is a perfectly normal thing to do. My mother told me I was too young and it was a dirty habit. She threatened to tell my father if I did it again.
    If I did not masturbate I would have a wet dream after about 10 to 14 days and my pajamas and bed sheets would be wet which would be very embarrassing.
    It was also very painful when I tried to stop masturbating.
    Make sure your son has a supply of tissues so he can clean himself up.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #23
    dewdrop333
    Veteran
    (female)

dewdrop333 HB User

I hate to tell you but the bed is not the only place you can masterbate, he is probably doing it in the shower as to not leave any evidence.

It is normal and healthy thing to do as long as it is a private event .. I am sure he is just fine.

If he were masterbating in public or something that would be another issue. Children who masterbate excessivly or in inapropriate places are often under alot of stress or in some cases being abused .. but every few days in bed or the shower ... just sounds like puberty to me.

Let dad tell him about the shower and tell him to be private and respectful about it.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:32 PM   #24
    talisman
    Inactive
    (male)

talisman HB User

When I was 11 I used to get the urge to masturbate every day. I used to do it while sitting on the toilet first thing in the morning to get rid of my erection that had formed overnight. I dare not do it in bed because my mother once found semen stains and hit me for being dirty as she called it.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #25
    balivion
    (female)

balivion HB User

Ok, so I laughed clear through this post and I finally decided I have got to comment on this one. First of all your son is normal for masturbating at 11 years old. I asked my dh if urinateing was natural at his age, since no one else answered your question, he said he did, because it gave him an overwhelming urge to pee when he reached orgasm and he would force himself to urinate. So...I hope that helped.
    Second of all, I forgot the posters name on this one so I will just grab your attention by sayin, the one with the 18 year old who has never had an orgasm. HAHAHA that was great. If you have an 18 year old who has never reached orgasm, then honey your "baby boy" needs to grow up quickly. Either that or you need to get outta the 20's and into the 21st century with all of the rest of us. You seem to have lived a very sheltered life, and show that by critisizing the fact that children develop much quicker these days than they used to. There are girls, as young as 3rd and 4th grade starting their periods.... is that disgusting too?????? There are many children, under the age of 11 that have figured out what their genitalia is for, it is not disgusting unless you have some phobia of sex.....
    I guess my two year old is nasty and disgusting too, because every time he gets his diaper taken off his hand goes straight for his penis, he hops up, takes off running, playing with his penis the entire time, he eventually finds himself in a position where he stops, and then he stands completely still and plays with it, til I get to him with a diaper. He does not reach orgasm, but, he does enjoy it apparently or he would not do it. So now, tell me my two year old is disgusting.....and that it is not normal.

HAHAHAHA EVEN MONKEYS AT THE ZOO DO IT WHEN THEY ARE BABIES....JUST A PIECE OF INFO.... PERVERTED LITTLE MONKEYS

Last edited by balivion; 01-09-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #26
    hayley0610
    Inactive
    (female)

hayley0610 HB User

well said!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #27
    k_c_lady
    (female)

k_c_lady HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by balivion
    I guess my two year old is nasty and disgusting too, because every time he gets his diaper taken off his hand goes straight for his penis, he hops up, takes off running, playing with his penis the entire time, he eventually finds himself in a position where he stops, and then he stands completely still and plays with it, til I get to him with a diaper. He does not reach orgasm, but, he does enjoy it apparently or he would not do it. So now, tell me my two year old is disgusting.....and that it is not normal.
    My son does the same thing!!! He even lifts his leg to get a better "feel" for things.
    Your son is normal, just let him do his thing, but do make sure he cleans up his mess. Thats just gross! I started when I was in the first grade. I am a female too!!! It's not just guys that start at a young age. Kiesha

Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 AM   #28
    Nordanwind
    (female)

Nordanwind HB User

I masturbated since I was 8 (without knowing what it was of course at first!) and the more my mom said it was bad the more I wanted to do it! Then, 10 whole years down the road I finally have sex with my boyfriend and was thouroughly dissapointed dispite having an orgasm....
    ... I had thought that the big "O" was something spectacular, not something you can do on your own! I was like "you mean that's IT? I can do that all by myself!!!"

If I had an 18 year old son who I thought had NOT masturbated yet, I would ask him straight out (ask if he got erections in the morning etc) and tell him its all natural. I believe it is actually unhealthy not to masterbate at that age and would even be worrying about impotence instead of bragging about my son's "integrity".

If I had an 11 year old who masturbated I would think nothing of it (I might let him know he's not supposed to pee though! ).

Old 05-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #29
    paperdoll
    Inactive

paperdoll HB User

i know this post is so old, but i was reading it (and laughing) and thot i'd share a possible solution....put a laundry hamper in his room, and teach him how to use the washer and dryer (it's not hard, i did my own laundry at that age)...he's growing up (obviously), let him learn another new skill! Then you won't have any more encounters with his dirty laundry.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #30
    Celia2
    (female)

Celia2 HB User

11 does seem a bit young to me. Whatever happened to childhood? If he was my son I would tell him to stop until he was about 14.

Last edited by Celia2; 05-04-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Closed Thread