It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• My 8 month old refuses to eat baby food, ect. Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
    ash3537
    (female)

ash3537 HB User
    Question My 8 month old refuses to eat baby food, ect. Please Help!

I am so stressed out and worried about my 8 month old that I don't know what to do. I started giving her cereal and baby food at about 5 months or so, and she would eat it. So I fed her 3 times a day(Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) but now she won't eat! I thought as they get older they eat more, but now she won't eat at all, she gets so upset and mad when I try and feed her. Is this normal? Because when my son was a baby he ate everything all the time, and loved food, so this seems very abnormal to me and I am worried about her getting enough nutrients, and if she is healthy enough. Should I take her to the doctor? Has anyone else gone through this? And what did you do? Please help...I am concerned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
    Re: My 8 month old refuses to eat baby food, ect. Please Help!

Hi Ash, is she showing any signs of allergy?

I'm originally from a small town in Michigan. I lived between Grand Rapids and Traverse City.

Last edited by Sannah; 01-14-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
    ash3537
    (female)

ash3537 HB User

Hey Sannah-

No she is not showing any signs of allergy, and that's partly why I am concerned, because it just doesn't seem normal to me for her not to be eating food...And I want to make sure she is getting everything she needs...

I live in a small town between Grand Rapids and Traverse City! LOL!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

I was born and raised in Hersey, MI! That's good that she isn't showing any signs of allergy. What are the docs telling you?

Last edited by Sannah; 01-14-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
    felix61379
    (female)

felix61379 HB User

My second child did the same thing. He was sooo stubborn! It was such a trial to feed him. He just wanted to do everything himself. If I put a spoon up to his mouth, he would just turn his head and clamp his mouth shut. I'd get as much as I could in him, then let him eat some things off his tray. He enjoyed that much better than my feeding him. He's now a healthy 3 year old.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
    Tiffany13
    (female)

Tiffany13 HB User

My ds did great with baby food until about 9 months and then he wanted nothing to do with it or anything that even looked liked it. Instead he wanted what we were having. We were very concerned b/c he didn't have but one tooth at the time. Our doc suggested giving him what we were eating but small enough and mushy enough for him to gum them. Does your lil' one have teeth?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
    mcr285
    Inactive
    (female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

is she cutting teeth? sometimes in our zealous attempts to get our children to eat, we accidentally bump into their tender little gums with the spoon and hurt our sweet little babies, thus making them not want to eat. you might try a baby food feeding bottle.... i know there is a technical term, but i can't remember what it is..... but my mom swears by them! it's basically a special kind of bottle that you put baby food in and baby sucks the food down. my mom used them on all of her kids (me included), and we never had any feeding issues or eating problems from it. she said she absolutely NEVER spoon fed any of us baby food, and it made her day so much easier!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #8
    Heavnlyhart2
    Inactive
    (female)

Heavnlyhart2 HB User

my dghtr was picky there are number of things to try introduce new flavors till she finds one she likes or take the food your having and put in food processor separately and little bit of water at a time to make it soft for her I did that with mine for awhile to and try instant mashed tators with gravy that is what I also fed my children yes at 8 months there healthy the only thing I didn;t give alot of was whole milk i gave them 2% good luck

Closed Thread