It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• What do you do when you have a promiscuous child?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
    Mzjacokes
    (female)

Mzjacokes HB User
    What do you do when you have a promiscuous child?

My husband and I have been married for almost a year now. And together for 4 1/2 yrs. He has a daughter and a son from a previous marriage. Now my stepdaughter is seven and is extreamly flirty with ALL males. Sitting on our company's laps to jumping all over the little boys on our block. I try to tell her she can't be sitting on grown mens laps, that she is to big for that and she throws a fit saying I am mean to her to her mother. Recently the sitter took her to her grandfathers house and my stepdaughter tried to sit on the father of the sitters lap and she got yelled at and told to get down, young ladies dont sit on grown mens laps, my stepdaughter got up and said

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User
    Re: What do you do when you have a promiscuous child?

It is not possible for a 7 year old to be promuscuous. She may have been or is currently being sexually abused, which will make a child act out in inappropriate ways.

I am concered about your perceptions of her behavior, is this something that happened to you as a child? Please, I am not trying to be rude or anything, I just am very concerned.

Do you and her father have custody?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
    cmpgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmpgirl HB User

I have to agree. When I read your post, my first thought was maybe abuse or exposure to inappropriate behavior by other adults. I'm not accusing the bio mom or you and her dad, but maybe at a friends house or a babysitter? It's scary how many people think nothing about sexual behavior in front of children.

Might be worth taking her to see a professional.

Best of luck to you and also to this little girl.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
    maggieloop
    Inactive
    (female)

maggieloop HB User

I agree that the other posts brought up good points about possible sexual abuse against your daughter or that maybe you have had something done to yourself in the past.

My family is very friendly with each other and my niece who is 16 sits on my dads lap sometimes still.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
    ch1304
    (female)

ch1304 HB User

IMHO...I honestly do not think it is appropriate for this little girl (even at seven) to be sitting in mens laps, expessally near staners such as the babysitters father. I mean, I don't mean to sound judgemental and I may very well be on this point but whenever it came to my daughter my theory was that everyone was a potential predator to children until they proved they were not and since thats not something usually proved until someone is dead and they have never abused a child...I thought it best not to trust my little girl to anyone...( believe me I do realise that this is over the top and very OVER-PROTECTIVE but I just never cared what peoples thoughts concerning my POV on this subject b/c this was my child. My sister watched my child and my mother and that is honestly about it. Thgis may seem narrow and I have not had anything happen to me personally but you may be surprised to know the ammount of children who do get abused and it is shocking. Just growng up I know of two child abuser that were right in my church. One of them was sexually abusing his daughters around the age of 8and they only lived in a two room house with the mother there (how does this happen?) The other abused a friend of his daughter on a sleepover when she was twelve and again (while the wife and mother was in the house) I just decided early on I would rather be safe than sorry and that still doesn't garuntee me anything. I don't this the child is intentionally promiscuous, she is still innocent about it but I would certainly urge someone to look more closly at the situation. It may be that she is just showing affection but who really knows... God bless you and the little girl....

Old 03-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Your stepdaughter has been or is being sexually abused and is acting out. Someone needs find out who on earth is abusing her ...don't leave her alone in the presence of any male(including family males) and get her to a therapist!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
    VA_girl
    (female)

VA_girl HB User

I agree with the other posts that it is not possible to be promiscuous at 7yrs. It sounds like she has either been abused or she just doesn't understand what's wrong with a little girl sitting on a grown man's lap. It could be seen as an innocient means of attention, it's shown in TV and movies all the time, just like how children sit on Santa's lap, it is not necessarily a sexual thing. But also, she could have been abused by a grown man or even by a young boy, so it couldn't hurt to do due dilligence and take her to talk to a professional just to make sure.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
    Heavnlyhart2
    Inactive
    (female)

Heavnlyhart2 HB User

would it be more attentiveness (definition :heedful of the comort of others )rather than promiscuous ? is what Im gathering How much attention does she get from her father, mother, and you ? if she isn't getting comfort from home she may look for it elsewhere to feel comforted...just like teen girls if they don't feel loved they become sexually active and feel loved by boys which is the wrong kind of love.... at age 7 I would seek counseling for her so she dont become promiscuous........good luck

Old 04-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
    sum1sgirl155
    (female)

sum1sgirl155 HB User

I'm sorry but how on earth can you call a 7 year old promiscuous?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #10
    Grazianna
    (female)

Grazianna HB User

I will have to agree with the other posts that this child appears to be acting out for such a young child. Girls at the age of 7, aren't interested in sitting in mens laps - usually they are uncomfortable around strangers and don't exhibit such promiscuous behavior. She needs to be examined by a doctor who is familiar with sexual abuse, she needs to be interviewed by a trained Social Worker, and after a determination is made she may need counseling. If abuse is suspected you need to carry through and follow the law to the letter, this girl needs to be protected and NOW. These appointments must be made tomorrow. You can even take her to the Emergency Room this evening. I fear for this child - this is not something to be taken lightly. At least you begin ruling things out with the exam and the interview.

Closed Thread