It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Help! What should I put on this horrible diaper rash?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
    Cheryl3

Cheryl3 HB User
    Post Help! What should I put on this horrible diaper rash?

Never mind. Thanks for all the great advice! It's all cleared up now!

[This message has been edited by Cheryl3 (edited 04-10-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
    bruised

bruised HB User
    Cheryl...SEE doctor for medication.My daughter had the same thing and really needed to see doc because this was no normal diaper rash.He prescribed the medication,and it worked.but for the time being keep a diaper off if you can to let it air dry until u see doc and mabe a bit of cornstarch.Pure cornstorch.{cooking stuff}And pat dry the affected area,don't rub.I know what your going through.

Old 01-29-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
    *SoccerMom*
    (female)

*SoccerMom* HB User
    Hi~
    It is so heartbreaking when our little ones are hurting from a diaper rash. I had always liked Diaperene (by Blistex -it is in individual packets with the sponge applicator) and Butt Paste (by Boudreaux). I recently have found that the RashStick (by Petkin) is great...it comes in an applicator like deodorant. It does sound like it is a yeast rash though. I used to get ointment from my doctor and once when I couldn't get in the office, he recommended using regular Lotrimin 4 x's a day until the office opened but it basically cleared up with one day's treatment. Best of Luck to you and your little guy.

Old 01-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #4
    Cheryl3

Cheryl3 HB User
    Thanks, Ladies! I put a little cornstarch on it and sent hubby out to the drugstore for some Lotrimin. The poor little guy runs away every time I say "Let's change your diaper." I'll call the doctor tomorrow but hopefully this will give him some relief overnight.

------------------
    Cheryl

Old 01-29-2003, 08:56 PM   #5
    *SoccerMom*
    (female)

*SoccerMom* HB User
    Cheryl3~
    Good luck! I hope it works so he will be feeling better soon. In the meantime, I would make sure to keep it dry like Bruised said. Maybe just lie him on a towel and let him sleep bare-bottomed with the Lotrimin on tonight.

Old 01-30-2003, 09:37 AM   #6
    mushroom1

mushroom1 HB User
    One of my children got "jock itch" in his diaper area.
    I treated it, like diaper rash at first, but it just got worse. When I took him to the pediatrician, they gave me some cream that cleared it right up. Maybe this is what your baby has?

Old 02-21-2003, 09:37 PM   #7
    AmyLynn

AmyLynn HB User
    Use Aquaphor and it will probably be gone within a day. My daughter had a diaper rash and i used desitin and it got worse, she can't handle the zinc in it. The aquaphor has always worked wonders though.

Old 03-13-2003, 12:13 AM   #8
    Avian

Avian HB User
    Cool

We have had very good success using clotrimazole based creams. These creams are sold to fight athlete's foot - but at our pediatricians suggestion, we tried it with our son's quite bad diaper rash. Cleared it up.

Good luck - if you find a solution, post and let us know.

Old 03-20-2003, 02:07 PM   #9
    camden
    Veteran

camden HB User
    Wink

Cheryl3
    My daughter currently has a yeast infection. It is bright red and very painful to her. It is a recurring infection. Once I found I could not get rid of it myself I took her to the doctor. Not only did she get a cream(lotriderm), she was also prescribed oral medication(nilstat)to treat the infection from the inside.

When the rash came back after the treatment I took her to the doctor again. This time she has the cream and a double dose of the medicine. The doctor said that sometimes the rash keeps coming back because they are being reinfected from the inside(the medicine is suppose to clear the infection out of the bowels). He also said some children are prone to these infections and since it is not terribly harmful they may have to grow out of it.

Old 04-16-2003, 08:07 PM   #10
    tagger
    Veteran
    (female)

tagger HB User
    Hi Cheryl,

My 8 yr old used to develop a bright red leathery diaper rash when he was teething. The pharmacist told me about using hemmeroid ointment (he used it on all his kids and even has it in the "beby" section of his store. I can;t remember the name but it would clear up the rash almost overnight.Good luck...Tagger

Closed Thread