It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

Help my daughter!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philadelphia, pa 19135
Posts: 1
evron83 HB User
Help my daughter!!!!

I was recently falsely accused of molesting my 4 year old daughter and physically and mentally abusing her. We went to court and the courts filed a (protection from abuse) until the department of human services and child services finished the investigation. 2 months later the investigations are complete and both investigations are listed as unfounded. I received a letter from both places stating they arrived at the conclusion because there was no sexual abuse. I took the paper back to court and showed them the investigation was unfounded. The courts ruled that they would amend the (protection from abuse) so that I could have supervised visits. Why? I have proof it did not happen. So am i guilty until i can prove i didnt do it? what should i do? I cannot afford an attorney. The cheapest I found wants 2000 down and 500 for every court appearance. I hyave raised money from my family and I can ionly come up with 1000. Please help, I'm not sure what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 713
marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: Help my daughter!!!!

I am so sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately, without an attorney, you don't have a lot of options.

My brother recently went through something similar, and all I can tell you is that the system sucks for fathers rights. If I were you, I'd try to find a fathers' rights group in your area.... they might be able to hook you up with an attorney that specializes in cases like yours who will take you on at a huge discount, or free.

In the meantime, make the most of the time you are allowed to spend with your daughter. Put on a happy face, don't act like anything is wrong, and make the time all about making sure your daughter feels safe and secure. DO NOT badmouth anyone in front of her, don't fight with anyone, have "words" with anyone, etc.... nothing negative around her at all!

If you want proof that you are a good father, follow the rules the judge set out for you, and work like heck to get those rules changed. Sorry I can't be of more help, hope things change for you.

Closed Thread

daughter, expensive, law help, lawyer, mental abuse

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!