It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board

• Our 8 year old boy caught playing with a 7 year old boy - Need advise please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
    alidavw
    (female)

alidavw HB User
    Unhappy Our 8 year old boy caught playing with a 7 year old boy - Need advise please

Our 8 year old son (who we adopted from birth) is currently on holiday with his dad camping. His dad just called me and told me that he was caught pants down and playing a "game" with a 7 year old, touching each other.

I caught him and a friend about a year ago also "playing" or shall I say just lying on top of each other. The other boy admitted that he told my son what to do.

We are really concerned and obviously hurt? What do we do how do we handle this without causing damage to his self esteem and how do we personally deal with the embarrassment?

Please help!!

Last edited by alidavw; 01-01-2015 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Subject not clear enough

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
    watergirl15
    (female)

watergirl15 HB User
    Re: Our 8 year old boy caught playing with a 7 year old boy - Need advise please

You do absolutely nothing. Completely normal for little boys to be curious. It is the show me yours and I will show you mine, stage.

If you make a big deal of it, you turn something normal into something creepy for him.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Our 8 year old boy caught playing with a 7 year old boy - Need advise please

Hi,

Do absolutely nothing.
    It is just another stage in his growing up.
    Making an issue of it will only encourage him to do it more,

Solofelix.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
    sashababe
    (female)

sashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB User

I totally agree with the previous 2 posters. This is completely normal and innocent behaviour for young boys. They are just being curious about their bodies.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

Yes it is normal for little boys to experiment with their interesting parts. In this case, they were caught which can scare the parents. Just be open to talking to them when they have questions.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
    TinaO88
    (female)

TinaO88 HB User

I also agree that it is normal for them to be curious. They are not looking at the situation the same as the adults are.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
    nikmurph
    (female)

nikmurph HB User

I think it's a little odd. I agree, playing and curiosity is normal, but overly mature sexual play schemes are not normal and is a red flag (which would be my next question, is what this play looks like or is described as). If it has a mature theme, I would look further into where he got the ideas and determine if an older adult or friend of the family is abusing or exposing him or his friend to mature TV.

Last edited by nikmurph; 05-03-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #8
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I am curious as to why you felt you had to mention that he is adopted in this context? Are you seeking to distance yourself from any "blame" for his actions?
    You are over reacting a bit...I had brothers and they and their friends were always having "peeing contests" and comparing their mighty manhoods to each other. All are now fathers and grandfathers now, not a sex offender among them. Sera

Old 05-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
    WaltnWY
    (male)

WaltnWY HB User

No worries, at this point it's normal.

Closed Thread