It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board

• Hallucinations (?)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-31-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
    winston55
    (male)

winston55 HB User
    Hallucinations (?)

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's 2 years ago. I had symptoms 5 years before that. If you have hallucinations do you talk or have a conversation with the person you think you saw. I know this might sound crazy. but nothing seems normal any more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Hallucinations (?)

Hi there. My stepfather just passed away after 18 years with Parkinson's. I can tell you from first hand experience that I found him having conversations with "no one" many times...he was having hallucinations and saw people in his room or sitting in a chair who he had complete conversations with- but no one was there.

He also saw inanimate things which weren't there such as water on the floor or a fire outside his window.

Most of the time this was triggered as a change to his medication- but not always. Sometimes it is just the disease.

If this is happening to you, please speak to your neurologist as soon as possible. There are meds to help with this.

Reply Reply