It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board

• I have hit my bottom point in delusional thinking

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
    payers24
    (male)

payers24 HB User
    I have hit my bottom point in delusional thinking

I am diagnosed with OCD, GAD, and depression. One thing I have never addressed in therapy is my severe distrust of others. I think people saying nice things to me is back handed, that people at work at always talking about how horrible I am at my job or how weird I am, I convince myself that my therapist mocks me the moment I leave the office and I even think people assume I beat my wife because I am so odd socially. I was doing research and this sounds like Paranoid Personality Disorder.

Recently I got a review at work, I expected it to be bad (I destroyed myself on my self evaluation), but the review ended up being excellent. Not good enough for me. I didn't believe it. I stupidly did something I never did before and set my smartphone to record audio convinced I would pick up conversation about my review that was the truth. All I got was someone picking up my phone off my desk and basically catching me.

I honestly don't feel bad just because I got caught but I also don't have a history violating ethics like this. I the idea I hurt people's privacy too. It is wrong. This was on Tuesday and nobody said anything. I am not sure they will because they only knew because someone picked up my phone off my desk and hit the unlock button to see the recording app running.

I am ashamed I got to this point and I think I need to bring up with my health Care providers that there are deeper issues than anxiety and depression.

Also, I am ready to go into work, confess, and accept my fate. I did wrong and I deserve the consequences. I can't use mental heath as an excuse.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-19-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: I have hit my bottom point in delusional thinking

Hi Payers24,

I'm going to give an answer to the question you didn't ask: A healthy diet of natural whole foods and regular, moderate, aerobic, exercise is good for the brain.

Best wishes
    John

Reply Reply

« Xanax XR & alcohol | - »