It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board

• Any Help Would Be GREAT !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
    Coastcouple
    (female)

Coastcouple HB User
    Unhappy Any Help Would Be GREAT !!

Hello everyone,

My name is Annette. This is my first time using anything like this and would really like some help/advice ..... anything would be greatly appreciated.

Myself and my partner have been living in the same place for over a year now.... and we have this neighbour who over the time had shown signs of complete parinoa. He fights alot with his wife.... and on a daily basis he complains about People breaking into his house when he comes home from being out..... he has accused us of using his wheely bin and even gone as far as making a pretend note from the council asking us to clean the bin. He has also accused us of reading his mail and now his accusations of people breaking in are directed towards us.... He never approaches us, tho he watches ever move we make .... we cant have our garage door up as he looks in all the time .... he watches us leave and when we have friends over he is constanly in his garage watching us and listening......

He has entered our garage once and stole our bin, and when we confronted him about it ... he just went off his head ..... and came at us...... we were rather frightened and didnt say much back to him ...... the police cant help and the real estate says their hands are tired too ....... other then this confrintation with him about the bin we have not ever said a word to him ......... if we see him up the street he yells out ....... "Well i might as well go home, i cant even go out without being watched" ..........

We have been hoping that ignoring him will make him stop, but it doesnt .... we are stuck on what to do .. as we love our little home and dont want to have to leave ...... but we cant go on with the way he is ...... his constant yelling/swearing .... and accusations, and most of all watching us.... it is hard as our bedroom faces his, we cant even have our curtains open, garage door or anything .... it is getting rather scary .....

please if anyone can offer some advice on how to apporach this issue ... we would be very gratefull .... thanks .....

Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
    Coastcouple
    (female)

Coastcouple HB User
    Re: Any Help Would Be GREAT !!

Thanks Bujang,

Im not really after legal advice im more after advice on how to approach him so he will leave us alone or if he is potentially dangerous.

i'd really like to hear from people who have been in similar situations and hear about how they delt with them.i know every situation is differant but any advice would be appreciated

if i have to resort to legal action i will deffinatly appreciate your advice.
    thanks again

Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User
    Re: Any Help Would Be GREAT !!

Sounds like he needs psychiatric help. Have you talked to his wife about getting him help? Maybe she's noticed that he needs help, too. If she dosen't get him help, it could get worse. I'm not even sure that a restraining order would mean much to him, if he has a disorder. My advice is to talk to his wife, then if she is no help, I would seriously consider talking to someone in a mental health facility and seek their advice on what you should do.

Closed Thread