It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board

• What Personality Disorder do I have?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
    Ellie1962
    (female)

Ellie1962 HB UserEllie1962 HB UserEllie1962 HB UserEllie1962 HB User
    What Personality Disorder do I have?

I found some of my medical papers and on it somebody wrote that I have Personality Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I suspect that because I was applying for disability and my occupational functioning was affected this was what somebody at some point, thought about me.

I'm not sure what this is? Does this develop into one of the personality disorders described in the DSM?

I have been having a lot of difficulties as of late. I had a hospitalization twice this past spring regarding some problems I was having with my PTSD. I am in therapy and becoming stronger emotionally and physically. I find that I no longer have a great deal in common with friends who SEEM to have personality disorders. One gal has lied to me and this makes me feel unsafe. Another gal constantly analyzes me, tells me what to talk about with my therapist, and it's all or nothing with her...she may call me twice a day or not call me for days. She's pretty controlling and I no longer call her. When we speak we have nothing to say to one another.

I am wondering if I'm the one with the problem. I would rather be alone that be in an unsafe friendship. I have less stress when I don't have contact with these two friends. I have no other close friends and get panicky when I think that they will no longer be friends, but it is ME who is building the distance and not wanting close contact with them anymore.

I'm not sure what personality disorder I may have. Can anyone explain what Personality Disorder NOS means? Which disorder would I be diagnosed with if I do have a disorder? I am wondering this to correct my behavior if I am doing anything wrong in regard to a personality disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: What Personality Disorder do I have?

This is the sort of issue you can deal with in your therapy. I would say, tho, that your first comment was pretty accurate (I suspect that because I was applying for disability and my occupational functioning was affected this was what somebody at some point, thought about me.) It was probably somebody's note-to-self to check it out. The thing with your friends is healthy - you are self-aware enough to realise that they are not doing you a lot of good at the moment. Keep them on a more social level and confide less in them. Keep workin, it is a really positive journey to take. Sera.

Closed Thread